Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 03:58 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,797,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Stop embarassing yourself. This is an academic study. I understand your frustration you have been proven wrong repeatedly
Your "academic study" doesn't prove anything. It merely leads to conjecture, which is why the writer of the article says it "suggests" that wealth is leaving the state in connection with high taxes. Then you look at the study and it's merely a measure of how much wealth has left the state, with no reasons provided for WHY they left. It is speculated that there is an increase in seniors leaving, and that's what I think is the biggest outflow in wealth. The baby boomers are the seniors and they are fleeing to Florida for the warmth and for lower taxes. If NJ's taxes were lower, they'd still flee for the warmth.

You make yourself look stupid by being unable to talk about things and having to cut-n-paste. I didn't know Syracuse let people major in Google, but apparently they do.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:02 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,546,185 times
Quote:
Ok so you can't point to anything that indicted this is remotely legal and you have no idea how much it might save. Great plan!

So is that's how you convince yourself your right. Make a statement that YOU CAN'T BACK UP, and just like a kid deflect and make statements that YOU CAN'T BACK UP. You made a statement that consolidation of school districts were illegal but have YET to back it up. Then try to turn my statements around to make it appear as if I made statements I need to back up when I CLEARLY questioned, WHY HAVEN'T CHRISTIE OR THE LEGISLATURE MADE ANY ATTEMPTS. I stated once and I will state again, Christie is targeting the easy answer, what about the obvious?

For the record, there have been attempts and studies - google it instead of making inaccurate and blanket statements, the problem is NO Support.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:53 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,774,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Your "academic study" doesn't prove anything. It merely leads to conjecture, which is why the writer of the article says it "suggests" that wealth is leaving the state in connection with high taxes. Then you look at the study and it's merely a measure of how much wealth has left the state, with no reasons provided for WHY they left. It is speculated that there is an increase in seniors leaving, and that's what I think is the biggest outflow in wealth. The baby boomers are the seniors and they are fleeing to Florida for the warmth and for lower taxes. If NJ's taxes were lower, they'd still flee for the warmth.

You make yourself look stupid by being unable to talk about things and having to cut-n-paste. I didn't know Syracuse let people major in Google, but apparently they do.

So sad name calling is the last refuge for folks who have no other option. Let me ask you this sport, do you think higher taxes will attract wealth?

And just so you can be comforted knowing your record for inaccuracies remains perfect, I did not go to Syracuse.

Last edited by shorebaby; 05-25-2010 at 05:06 PM..

Old 05-25-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
So is that's how you convince yourself your right. Make a statement that YOU CAN'T BACK UP, and just like a kid deflect and make statements that YOU CAN'T BACK UP. You made a statement that consolidation of school districts were illegal but have YET to back it up. Then try to turn my statements around to make it appear as if I made statements I need to back up when I CLEARLY questioned, WHY HAVEN'T CHRISTIE OR THE LEGISLATURE MADE ANY ATTEMPTS. I stated once and I will state again, Christie is targeting the easy answer, what about the obvious?

For the record, there have been attempts and studies - google it instead of making inaccurate and blanket statements, the problem is NO Support.

So you still can't support a word you write, deflect, call names, stand on your head. You have no idea how much if any money consolidation will save and you have no idea if it is legal! If Chrisite's solution is so easy why has he had such blow back? Why hadn't any of his predecessors attempted it rather than let things spiral out of control. Actually fighting NJEA is very difficult. They have $100 million war chest.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:37 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,417,915 times
Quote:
The unions is a trade organization dedicated to promoting the interests of teachers. The union head makes $300K that's rich in my book.

If the union were concerned about the children you describe they would make, the $100 million they collect in dues, available to help those kids. Instead they use that money to strong arm politicians for raises.

I really love your anti teachers views.

First of all the head of the union can make whatever he or she wants. That is 1 person who might be getting rich. No teacher is getting rich off their salaries that is the truth in my book

If not for the union and their dues and war chest as you call it, teacher would be making 25k a year. I am sure someone like you would be happy but most people understand that the salaries right wingers want to pay teachers are not realistic. People who are performing a valuable job like to be compensated. This by no way means that they are no in it for the children. Simply they enjoy what they do and would like to actually be paid and not live on the streets like you want them to.
I understand you play politics and thats why its not worth even writing to you because of your "illness". If you are ready to actually step away from the right come and talk.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
I really love your anti teachers views.

First of all the head of the union can make whatever he or she wants. That is 1 person who might be getting rich. No teacher is getting rich off their salaries that is the truth in my book

If not for the union and their dues and war chest as you call it, teacher would be making 25k a year. I am sure someone like you would be happy but most people understand that the salaries right wingers want to pay teachers are not realistic. People who are performing a valuable job like to be compensated. This by no way means that they are no in it for the children. Simply they enjoy what they do and would like to actually be paid and not live on the streets like you want them to.
I understand you play politics and thats why its not worth even writing to you because of your "illness". If you are ready to actually step away from the right come and talk.

Nope not anti teacher, I believe their union is not serving them or the state well.

If teachers are not in it for the money why are the whining about a freeze? Let's stop treating teachers as super human, they care about how much they make as much as the next person. Yes they perform a valuable service and deserve to be compensated, I don't recall anyone asking them to work for free.

The union apologists have truely become unhinged. I think this type of post is highly instructive. Either you argree with the union or you are a right wing nut.

Last edited by shorebaby; 05-25-2010 at 05:59 PM..

Old 05-25-2010, 06:00 PM

168 posts, read 494,980 times
Ok, OP teachers in many districts, are making wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than 35K, let's up that to 80 or 90K in Manalapan/Marlboro/ Freehold schools, with STARTING salaries of 55-60K. To me that is too much. Where the hell do you think we are going to get $$$ from if we don't get it from schools. Here's the problem with taxing the rich:

Many Rich= Business owners. Buisness Owners= Employers. If you tax the rich large amounts of $$$ either
A. people would be laid off
B. Prices will go up, which will cause more whining and complaining from NJ.

I am one of the few students that agree with Christie 110%. Cuts need to be made somewhere, they were the fault of previous admins and the last time I checked he was the only one to attempt to make an effort to do something about this state's obvious defecit.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
So you still can't support a word you write, deflect, call names, stand on your head. You have no idea how much if any money consolidation will save and you have no idea if it is legal! If Chrisite's solution is so easy why has he had such blow back? Why hadn't any of his predecessors attempted it rather than let things spiral out of control. Actually fighting NJEA is very difficult. They have $100 million war chest.

Wow, not only can you NOT BACK UP WHAT YOU CLAIM, BUT YOUR ATTEMPT AT SPINNING IS A COMPLETE FAILURE. It was YOU that claimED it was ILLEGAL, YOU, but have YET to provide the information on the LAW that STATES this. YOUR DEFLECTION FAILURE NUMBER 1.

I have stated numerous times, the IDIOTS in Trenton HAVE NOT LOOKED AT OR ATTEMPTED, If Christie can provide an analysis on what her peceives the savings would be by taking the approach he has taken, why hasn't their been an analysis on the savings by consolidating services. YOUR DEFLECTION FAILURE NUMBER 2.

I have stated numerous times that NOT ONE GOVERNOR HAS HAD THE BALLS TO TACKLE THAT ISSUE. YOUR DEFLECTION FAILURE NUMBER 3.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Wow, not only can you NOT BACK UP WHAT YOU CLAIM, BUT YOUR ATTEMPT AT SPINNING IS A COMPLETE FAILURE. It was YOU that claimED it was ILLEGAL, YOU, but have YET to provide the information on the LAW that STATES this. YOUR DEFLECTION FAILURE NUMBER 1.

I have stated numerous times, the IDIOTS in Trenton HAVE NOT LOOKED AT OR ATTEMPTED, If Christie can provide an analysis on what her peceives the savings would be by taking the approach he has taken, why hasn't their been an analysis on the savings by consolidating services. YOUR DEFLECTION FAILURE NUMBER 2.

I have stated numerous times that NOT ONE GOVERNOR HAS HAD THE BALLS TO TACKLE THAT ISSUE. YOUR DEFLECTION FAILURE NUMBER 3.

This is tedious come back here when you have an answer to any question. I don't think Trenton is going to invest time and money studying "blackandproud's" wonderful idea if it can't be done or if they know from previous experience the savings will be marginal. What you are suggesting is hardly revolutionary. It has been done before in NJ.

We know for sure cutting spending will save money.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
This is tedious come back here when you have an answer to any question. I don't think Trenton is going to invest time and money studying "blackandproud's" wonderful idea if it can't be done or if they know from previous experience the savings will be marginal. What you are suggesting is hardly revolutionary. It has been done before in NJ.

We know for sure cutting spending will save money.

[quote=shorebaby;14333326]Sorry the law doesn't allow the governor to do what you want him to do. Christie is forcing the municipalities to decide if they want to raise taxes to fill the gap left by less state aid or if they would like to explore other options like consolidation. If they choose to raise taxes they will have to explain themselves to the voters.

Also not every municipality would benefit from consolidation but everyone benefits from a teacher pay freeze.[/quote]

Your right, it is tedious to play this round of deflection with YOU.

You have continuously made statements that YOU have YET to back up. Even made the statement that the towns would not benefit from consolidation without BACKING IT UP. How do you know? Where are the stats? What was the ratio by expense and capital?

Unless you have inside information to what Trenton is working on, I see this as YET ANOTHER statement by YOU that your pulling out of ....But then your looking to me to provide stats on the same Questions that numerous people are asking, have been asking for years.

At least I know the difference between asking a question and inquiring on why something is NOT looked at instead of someone that makes a statement, tries to pass it off as fact, but then attempt to deflect and spinn when called on the BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey