Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 AM

61 posts, read 133,767 times

Advertisements

Hello, I was wondering if there was actually any form of public transportation in Roswell. I will be taking a visit there pretty soon to decide whether or not I want to accept a well-paying job there. I have searched around on the internet but have found nothing regarding any public transportation in the area. I'm thinking that I may end up renting when I fist get there and eventually buying something cheap and used as my car is pretty much on its last legs. I couldn't find anything on the net, so I figured it was best to ask people who actually live there. So, yea or nay? Thanks in advance .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 02:37 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,185,180 times
There are five bus lines.

For Roswell's size, public transit's pretty spotty. Recommend buying a beater there.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:43 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
They do. I live in western Colorado but have a friend who lives south of there. I've been through there many times. They've had buses running for many many years.

They're known as Pecos Valley Transit and are located on 5th and Main downtown. Phone # is 575-624-6766. You also might want to try City of Roswell, NM City Government Have not looked at the site in a long time but surely they would have info on rates, bus schedules and routes, etc. Other people who may help you with other questions about the area might be the chamber of commerce (phone # 575-623-5695.)

Good luck!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 06-09-2011 at 05:11 PM..

Old 06-09-2011, 06:17 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,165,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
They're known as Pecos Valley Transit and are located on 5th and Main downtown. Phone # is 575-624-6766.
Here is a web page for Pecos Trails Transit that shows the five bus routes they service. Not sure how up to date this information is - seems awful sparse. But it gives a good idea of what is available. Note there are also "vans on demand" for those needing point to point service.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:14 AM

61 posts, read 133,767 times
Thank you for the replies! This information will be most helpful!

Old 07-03-2011, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlynx View Post
Hello, I was wondering if there was actually any form of public transportation in Roswell. I will be taking a visit there pretty soon to decide whether or not I want to accept a well-paying job there. I have searched around on the internet but have found nothing regarding any public transportation in the area. I'm thinking that I may end up renting when I fist get there and eventually buying something cheap and used as my car is pretty much on its last legs. I couldn't find anything on the net, so I figured it was best to ask people who actually live there. So, yea or nay? Thanks in advance .
There is public transportation here, it is Pecos Trails. There is also a taxi service, but they are very expensive, and somewhat unreliable.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 07-03-2011 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: No advertising, it was edited out.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:08 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,341,534 times
As a side question, does anyone know what types of buses does Pecos Trails Transit operate? I know that they once had some 35-foot TMC RTS buses; don't know if that is still the case.

ABQ RIDE operates a fleet mostly consisting of New Flyer diesel-electric hybrid low-floor buses, with some Neoplan high-floor and Thomas SLF low-floor CNG buses.

Santa Fe Trails operates a mix of Blue Bird CSRE, and ElDorado National EZ Rider II MAX and Passport models, all powered by CNG.

Roadrunner Transit in Las Cruces operates a fleet mostly consisting of Gillig Low Floor buses, with some Nova RTS high-floor buses.

Does anyone know about Pecos Trails Transit's fleet?

Old 09-22-2011, 03:00 AM

4 posts, read 15,703 times
Plenty of room to ride in, because all of the buses are usually empty. Bus service is very sparse here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico