Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:53 PM

391 posts, read 908,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
If you are buying chile, as a last resort buy from Hatch. Much tastier chile from Cental NM. Look for chile from Lemitar, Belen, Los Lunas and Corrales. Some very tasty chile from Chimayo also.
Sheesh...: rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 08:45 PM

1,993 posts, read 4,071,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicrowbar View Post
Sheesh...: rolleyes:
you missed a few other smileys.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,259 times
Wanted to suggest maybe a chile ristra, they come in large chiles (1foot ingrements) or the smaller piquin chiles (8inch and up) Chile Traditions at 8204 Montgomery Blvd NE has a good selection. Located at Montgomery/Wyoming shopping center on SW corner next to Noble Games. Lots of other chile product to choose from plus a good source to green chile shipped. Frozen Roasted 1 pound tubs available plus they ship fresh unroasted during the season (chiletraditions.com). Good luck with your new job in Texas.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,032,505 times
I am sure the OP has made a decision but it is still fun to see what others suggest. Of course at the top of the list has to be chili..Our granddaughter, recently gave me a package of dried red Hatch chili. We have been gone over 4 years, but still think Hatch when we think chili. Our local grocery store will often have them for only a week or so in August. We buy a bunch and roast them ourselves. I also love the idea of taking jewelry. The problem with any of this, is what will a person like? Someone who isn't into ethnic cooking or cooking period isn't going to why we get so excited about chili but may love jewelry. Others might not even wear jewelry. How well does the OP know her new boss?

Old 06-29-2012, 05:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,907,727 times
Response to Elkotronics - I have been obsessed with New Mexico since I rode a motorcycle from Grants to the Colorado border on Rt 285 in 1982. I almost had a job at Los Alamos a few years later but they canceled the project. A few years ago we spent a couple of weeks touring around the Gilla wilderness and I became even more obsessed. When I get that way I study the place. That is why I know a fair amount about New Mexico and parts of the desert South West.

I will be retiring next year and plan on spending the winter of 2013-14 in central NM. Finances and involvement in our current community preclude permanent relocation for a few years.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:55 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,202,826 times
Even though it's probably been well past time to decide and the OP has probably moved on, I cast my vote for wall art.

The food options are great, but they don't last, and you can't necessary expect out-of-staters to "get" how great the gifts are. There's way too high a risk of stuff getting thrown or unused for something you're spending your hard-earned money on.

Wall art, on the other hand, goes well whether it's center stage in the family room or tucked into the corner of the laundry room. It's a durable good and a lot more appropriate for people who've never even thought about NM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico