Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 09:59 PM

51 posts, read 208,184 times

Advertisements

Hi all.I have sold my house here in PA and plan to be in Alamo with Hershey by April 1st. We still need a place to rent.Looking for a small house or apartment, fenced yard a plus, that we can rent month to month or on a 6 month lease while we search for a home and/or land to build on.Hershey is 5 and very well behaved and only barks when needed...like to alert me of company.She rarely barks at all,even when other dogs bark at her!As for me, I am 48 and very responsible.If you or anyone you know has a suitable place available by April 1st please let me know.

Thanks!
Beth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 05:29 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
Way to go Beth.....I hope you find a place to stay and that your successful in Alamo as its my favorate place on earth. I got about one more year up here as i'm making lots of money and stashing it so i might buy a Carpet Cleaning Franchise and move back home to Alamogordo. and do that to make my living there. I may run for city councilor there once established.

There's plenty of room for you and Hershey to roam in the Sacramento mountains and all it has to offer from Capitan to the north to Timberon to the south. Best wishes.. harry !

Old 03-05-2007, 12:00 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,026,689 times
Beth ~~ I am SO HAPPY to hear your dream is becoming a reality for you and will soon happen! Good luck on finding an apartment; Hershey will need at least a small yard to enjoy!

Keep us all informed on your progress with the move ... as I am very jealous and probably some other here are also.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:15 PM

51 posts, read 208,184 times
Harry o, thanks for all your help and good wishes.Maybe we will meet in Alamo one day.You have my vote!

Towanda,thanks for your kind response.I am so excited that I have most of my packing done already!Can't wait to get to Alamo.The only things keeping me here are an upcoming doctor's app and a place to rent in Alamo.And you are right about the yard.Hershey has an acre here and loves to play outside.I am looking at 5 acres in Dog Canyon to build on.Will let you know how things go.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:04 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,271,693 times
Default Im jealous!

I for one am jealous! Hope you have a great move and everything works
out great. I am new to this forum(lurked awhile) but decided to join today.
My husband and I are trying to get back to Alamogordo area. We were
stationed there 5 yrs ago and retired to Calif. Big Mistake. Now we are in the
process of selling our home and positioning ourselves to get back to NM.
My husband is civil service here at Vandenberg AFB in Lompoc CA. We miss
NM very badly. Jobs are few and far between.....but were looking at Holloman
and White Sands. I miss the beautiful sunsets and desert climate. We lived
in La Luz while there. New Mexico gets in ones blood I believe!

Fingers and toes crossed!
Greenchili

Old 03-08-2007, 10:16 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,026,689 times
Welcome to the forum, Greenchili .... Glad to see you took the plunge and joined us.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Thanks

For the warm welcome! Are you trying to move back to NM too?

Greenchili

Old 03-08-2007, 03:23 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
My husband and I are trying to get back to Alamogordo area. We were
stationed there 5 yrs ago and retired to Calif. Big Mistake
Greenchili....you'd be amazed how much Alamo has grown in the 5 years since you've been there. New stores and strip malls being built. Also on the By-Pass there now is new housing subdivisions and an Industrial Park going up. Ever since former Governor Gary Johnson 4 laned U.S.54 from El Paso to Alamogordo its been BOOMING !!

We love La Luz especially La Luz Canyon as we go 4 wheeling on the dirt trails all the way up to Cloudcroft.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Alamo

Yup, I can imagine! I look on Realtor.com and see new houses in areas
Ive never heard of. One day we will be there!!! hopefully soon.

Greenchili

Old 03-08-2007, 10:18 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,093,885 times
Oh CONGRATS!!!!! I am jealous as heck and happy for you. Good luck on finding a rental and I hope you can bottle up some of that desert air and send it over the net to me.

Greenchili- We were stationed up at Cannon but Alamogordo and Holloman stole our hearts. when the new JSF mission goes there we might find some new jobs but you are right, civil service jobs are so hard to come by it is a shame. Kirtland also sporadically hires and we are looking into that as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico