Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 11:36 AM

65 posts, read 79,543 times

Advertisements

Enjoy the rain. Allergy problems more this year, too. Weather has been all over the place.

After 17 years in Vegas (Nevada), and living in ABQ for 13, I am VERY VERY VERY happy to see rain, and hope we have lots of snow. We need it. And, on a personal note...I am sick of "Brown and Dead' plants, trees, you name it.

Did I mention the weeds?!?!?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 11:49 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzee8 View Post
Did I mention the weeds?!?!?!?
Not so bad... With all the rain the weeds are now tall enough where I don't have to bend over to pull them, and the sand is soft/muddy instead of like baked adobe bricks

Old 08-20-2015, 11:57 AM

65 posts, read 79,543 times
Okay...okay...I'll give you that one.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:31 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,102,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Not so bad... With all the rain the weeds are now tall enough where I don't have to bend over to pull them, and the sand is soft/muddy instead of like baked adobe bricks
Weeds that tall typically means more places for rattlesnakes to potentially hide in.

Just when I wanted to explore some abandoned house, the wall of weeds keeps me back like a well patrolled fence!!

Old 08-23-2015, 06:14 PM

1,796 posts, read 2,227,120 times
The formerly dry lake literally next to me, that now has kayakers in it for the first time in a few years, would beg to differ with the OP's question.
LOVE this rain. Keep it comin'.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:07 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,158,892 times
Well....after the wettest June and July in years, the month of August - supposedly the wettest month of the year - has been the driest in years. And what little rain has fallen has been in short-lived showers that did nothing to put moisture into the soil. Don't know if that's true state-wide or not. There have been strong thunderstorms in some scattered locations, but nothing like a good area-wide soaking and the general weather pattern has been totally reversed from a normal August pattern. Northerly winds instead of the usual southerly for this time of year.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:29 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,102,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Northerly winds instead of the usual southerly for this time of year.

I could definitely feel that garbage out here on the flat plains.
Just a sickening reminder that winter will probably strike me before I get a chance to bone out of here.

I will say that hot weather and rain makes for a perfect mix.
As a person that doesn't drive every day, one begins to feel a bit like the undead after getting both wet and frozen to the bone.

Not looking forward to that again.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:10 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,451,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Well....after the wettest June and July in years, the month of August - supposedly the wettest month of the year - has been the driest in years. And what little rain has fallen has been in short-lived showers that did nothing to put moisture into the soil. Don't know if that's true state-wide or not. There have been strong thunderstorms in some scattered locations, but nothing like a good area-wide soaking and the general weather pattern has been totally reversed from a normal August pattern. Northerly winds instead of the usual southerly for this time of year.

Thanks to July we're still up about 3/4 of an inch for the season, at least in Albuquerque. But I hear you - bring on the rain!

It's looking kind of cloudy out there this afternoon...fingers crossed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico