Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 01:45 PM

908 posts, read 2,853,959 times

Advertisements

Took it last night? Ah, Ok, I might post pictures of my garden, but my lawn will be reserved for my own viewing. Picture your lawn after fire, blight, pestilence, drought, did I say fire? Yeah. As for the gardening, my wife asked my why I'm so into it and I told her it's one of the few things I get to do where progress is positive and obvious by my own hands. After the ambiguities of modern life, that feeling alone can draw me out for an hour each day easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 01:51 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,715,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I wouldn't mind Milwaukee in May, but come November, ugh....
You've got that one right, Mike.

Actually, Milwaukee-in-May to this point hasn't exactly been stellar yet either. Lots of chilly 40s and 50s, and only a couple quick flirtations with the 70s. But I have not a problem with the weather here from May through October. It is those other six months that kill, just kill me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
When are you coming back to share it with us, EnjoyEP?
As soon as I can land a job, if that ever happens. I am (at least I think I am), kind of a semi-seasoned, good professional on resume, but in the current economy especially, I am finding it tough enough to find quality jobs that meet my criteria in ABQ, LC, and EP, much less those that will consider an out-of-stater! But rest assured, my wife again was speaking to me about it again this AM on my way out the door.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finmqa1 View Post
Prior to my wife and I buying this house I never imagined in a million years that I'd enjoy gardening. But I must say I absolutely love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaAirmac View Post
As for the gardening, my wife asked my why I'm so into it and I told her it's one of the few things I get to do where progress is positive and obvious by my own hands. After the ambiguities of modern life, that feeling alone can draw me out for an hour each day easily.
It is funny you both mention this, as this was totally my experience in ABQ too. Fell in love with my form of gardening (which essentially encompassed various cacti planting and maintenance, palm tree planting and maintenance, yuccas, various fruit trees, and backyard lawn - xeriscaped front). Had we stuck around, I would've moved to roses for my wife next.

Never had an interest until I was an Albuquerquean, and since heading back to WI, outside of lawn mowing, just don't get into it as much either.

I guess there is something about gardening in a nice Zone 7 climate that helps enthusiasm!

Old 05-15-2008, 02:16 PM

908 posts, read 2,853,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
As soon as I can land a job, i I am finding it tough enough to find quality jobs that meet my criteria in ABQ, LC, and EP, much less those that will consider an out-of-stater! But rest assured, my wife again was speaking to me about it again this AM on my way out the door.
What field are you in, maybe we can do some networking for you!

Old 05-15-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaAirmac View Post
What field are you in, maybe we can do some networking for you!
Well, that is awfully kind of you to offer zia. Marketing, economic & corporate development, and mid-level management is kind of my general outline. I have experience in both the private and public sectors, but am still relatively young (young 30s) and only have a BA (BUS / COM), no Master's to speak of (and no Spanish-speaking abilities...yet...unfortunately).

Surely, as some kind hearted souls already know on this forum, if anyone would ever stumble across some "hidden" possibility, it sure would be appreciated to zap a DM my way with contact info! (My "finder's fee" would encompass a couple of cold Isotopes Slammin' Ambers, Fat Tires, or Negra Modelos!!).

Old 05-18-2008, 02:08 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,236,156 times
Keep them coming.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:29 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,290,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
Well, that is awfully kind of you to offer zia. Marketing, economic & corporate development, and mid-level management is kind of my general outline. I have experience in both the private and public sectors, but am still relatively young (young 30s) and only have a BA (BUS / COM), no Master's to speak of (and no Spanish-speaking abilities...yet...unfortunately).

Surely, as some kind hearted souls already know on this forum, if anyone would ever stumble across some "hidden" possibility, it sure would be appreciated to zap a DM my way with contact info! (My "finder's fee" would encompass a couple of cold Isotopes Slammin' Ambers, Fat Tires, or Negra Modelos!!).
I've seen something that may interest you. I will send a PM.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:29 AM

576 posts, read 2,308,075 times
Click image for larger version

Name:	May 2008 003.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	19967Click image for larger version

Name:	Irises 12th and Gidding.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	19968Click image for larger version

Name:	May 2008 004.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	19969

I have to admit that I haven't much of an eye for formal landscaping, but I am attracted to any yard with lots of flowers. The roses are absolutely beautiful right now in Clovis, as were the irises a couple of weeks ago. Here are some photos of other people's yards around town. I have never seen so many roses outside of a garden catalog, and I always assumed that the catalog pictures had been photoshopped to add blooms to a single plant. These are the real thing, so full of flowers that they almost seem fake.

~clairz

Old 05-21-2008, 09:42 AM

710 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Default Upgrade

On Friday I decided to remove the bark from around my rose bushes and replace with some sandstone pavers. Let me know what you think. Oh yeah, adding a picture I took last month of a beautiful sunset too.
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures of your yards-dscn0406.jpg   Pictures of your yards-after_051808.jpg   Pictures of your yards-sunset.jpg  

Old 05-21-2008, 01:30 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finmqa1 View Post
On Friday I decided to remove the bark from around my rose bushes and replace with some sandstone pavers. Let me know what you think. Oh yeah, adding a picture I took last month of a beautiful sunset too.
I love what you did with the sandstone....it's given me an idea for my landscaping here in Alamo. If anybody saw my yard now, they'd die laughing.....

Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico