Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 06:49 PM

775 posts, read 2,587,352 times

Advertisements

I love taking pics of Sunsets and Sunrises but the Sunsets are very Spectacular and last longer then the Sunrises. My favorite Spot to take pictures is Willard N.M. by the Salt lakes that is the very center of N.M. and the Salt lakes and the Spectacular view of the Mesas and Mountains is breathtaking. Weather Forecasters say that New Mexico has the Most Beautiful Sunsets of anyplace in the World. The Spectacular, Purple, Orange, Red, Yellow and other Colors are Great with the Mesas in the Background. pintada kid at webtv.net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 06:53 PM

717 posts, read 1,954,425 times
NOW I can finally agree with you on something kid! Gotta concur on the unbelievable color of the Land of Enchantment! Very beautiful place.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:55 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
I love taking pics of Sunsets and Sunrises but the Sunsets are very Spectacular and last longer then the Sunrises. My favorite Spot to take pictures is Willard N.M. by the Salt lakes that is the very center of N.M. and the Salt lakes and the Spectacular view of the Mesas and Mountains is breathtaking. Weather Forecasters say that New Mexico has the Most Beautiful Sunsets of anyplace in the World. The Spectacular, Purple, Orange, Red, Yellow and other Colors are Great with the Mesas in the Background. pintada kid at webtv.net
The only problem with pics...as beautiful as they are....I can never get any of my sunset pics to do justice to the real thing.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:50 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times
I agree with you Pintada Kid - the New Mexico sunsets are the most spectacular of anyplace I have ever lived.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
The sunset viewed from my front door (Londonderry, NH) can be spectacular this time of year but I must admit NM has way more beautiful sunsets

Old 08-06-2008, 06:11 AM

70 posts, read 214,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
I agree with you Pintada Kid - the New Mexico sunsets are the most spectacular of anyplace I have ever lived.
I agree. It's different each night depending on the clouds and weather. The sky is so big here. Sometimes I feel like I can touch the stars. bacich

Old 08-06-2008, 07:44 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,610,538 times
New Mexico has stunning sunsets. Other places I have been where I thought the sunsets were spectacular are Greece and Hawaii, albeit a different hue because of the ocean.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:22 PM

717 posts, read 1,954,425 times
Vinegaroon is correct, the rapturous sunsets over large bodies of water are truly matchless. Countless evenings spent in areas like Kona, Kihei, Ewa Beach, Makapu'u and others can spoil you forever. Lessor luminaries like NM are still quite grand, however, esp. around the lakes adjacent to TorC/Elephant Butte. Nowhere on earth exceeds the beauty of Hawai'i...but NM has its own undeniable charm and haunting loveliness. I admire the stark and multi-hued deserts that contain so much paleontological and anthropological history! Can't wait to head south to Silver City tomorrow!

Last edited by dracul; 08-06-2008 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: The usual "gimped hand syndrome"

Old 08-06-2008, 03:58 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Every state has beautiful sunsets if you ask me.... its just the sun going down and sending colors up on the clouds. Ive seen gorgeous sunsets everywhere from NY to CA, MN to FL. In fact, of all my time in the SW, I see less nice sunsets there due to lack of clouds, which really make the colors well presented. This is not meant to be an insult, which Im sure many of you will see it as, but rather a personal observation. In all honesty, the best sunsets Ive ever witnessed were in Kansas and Florida believe it or not. Mountains do make a sunset a little more interesting, but often hide the most intense colors (near the base of the clouds) behind the ranges.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:04 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times
After many years living in Kansas, I agree that we had really beautiful sunsets there.

For me though, living in a neighborhood full of very large trees and other houses surrounding me, actually SEEING a sunset was pretty much impossible.

Here in New Mexico I can see for miles and miles and miles in all directions ... and seeing the sun setting behind the dramatic back drop of the Jemez Mountains is a nightly show that I never tire of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico