Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:34 PM

717 posts, read 1,955,193 times

Advertisements

Where is the best place to shop...and get the best value for the buck...for leather high-top boots (Western Style) in NM??? We've heard Raton has a great selection. My dear wife wants a pair as a symbolic gesture and as practical accessories for our desert digs! Inquiring minds want to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 04:05 PM

576 posts, read 2,308,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
Where is the best place to shop...and get the best value for the buck...for leather high-top boots (Western Style) in NM??? We've heard Raton has a great selection. My dear wife wants a pair as a symbolic gesture and as practical accessories for our desert digs! Inquiring minds want to know!
You can't beat Joe's Boot Shop in Clovis--16,000 pairs of boots.

I posted a photo of some kids all dressed up for the prom, western-style, both wearing cowboy boots at http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-m...ghlight=clairz. The photo was taken by a friend at Joe's Boot Shop.

~clairz

Old 08-06-2008, 05:42 PM

550 posts, read 1,550,231 times
Exclamation Nice Boots!!

I know it's not in NM. But Tony Lama's in EL Paso is My Favorite!!
Love My Lama's

Pipeweld

Old 08-06-2008, 07:20 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,476,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracul View Post
Your post raises more questions. Are you looking for "in-stock" boots or do you want boots that can be special ordered? Are you looking for OK quality boots at a fair price, or boots that may be initially expensive, but last forever. What do you mean by "high-top"? Lots of boots of a myriad of styles fit that description. Do you want a boot that will take the abuse of being worn "out in the corral," or do you want a dress boot?

I don't know specifically about New Mexico boot shops. I do know there are some custom boot makers in New Mexico that do fine work.

I've worn western boots for--well--forever. In the "store-bought" category, I like Nocona boots about the best these days. They are pretty widely available in most boot shops. Nocona Boots

In custom-made boots (big $$$, though), it's pretty hard to beat Paul Bond Boots out of Nogales, Arizona ( Paul Bond's handmade, custom cowboy boots ). For "packer" style Western Boots, I really like White's Boots out of Spokane, Washington ( White's Boots, Hunting Boots, Work Boots, Outdoor Clothing - White's Boots ). They have dealers in New Mexico.

While you're at it, since you're in Denver, you ought to mosey downtown for some western shirts at Rockmount ( Rockmount Ranch Wear ) --the originator of the pearl snap western shirt.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:45 PM

550 posts, read 1,550,231 times
Default Nacona or Justin same but the name.

I will agree about Nacona (actually I have 2 pair of Justin's who make Nacona) being a good boot.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:01 PM

47 posts, read 130,727 times
Default Made in USA, Lucchese Boots

Lucchese Snakeskin Shoes: Find, Compare, Read Reviews & Buy Online @ Yahoo! Shopping

Old 08-07-2008, 12:15 AM

1,399 posts, read 4,180,577 times
The best place to shop, if economy is an issue, is El Paso. There are lots of factory stores there, including Tony Lama and Lucchese, and they sell minor defects, leftovers and end of production boots for very reasonable prices. Look em over carefully and you'll rarely find a serious problem with them...mostly a color or texture mismatch or a leather blemish.
If you want to spend the high dollar there Lucchese is good, or Rocketbuster for the real, cutting edge movie star custom.
My tastes are modest, so a stop at one or more Tony Lama outlets usually does the trick. The bride gets Lucchese, of course...lol

Old 08-07-2008, 05:16 AM

775 posts, read 2,588,356 times
Default Boots and Me

As for me i use to like to wear those Black State Police Boots for years and years but by the end of the day you were worn out with them and i switch to Tennis Shoes or Hiking Shoes and now i can walk twice as far and dont get as tired by the end of the Day. High Top cowboy Boots are good Protection from Rattlers and Small Cactus and when your riding a horse otherwise i like to Wear hiking shoes or Dress shoes all day. Also i like to wear Shorts and Tank Tops so Boots are really not that Cool for el pintada kid. Cowboy boots leave you worn out like walking on high heels all day and are bad for the feet and back i would think. pintada kid at webtv.net

Old 08-07-2008, 08:23 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,970 times
This is just another vote for El Paso. So many boots, so little time.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I have been wearing open sandals year round for the last five years and my fet have never ben healthier. I only switch to boots when the streets are covered in slush. Good thick wool socks make it possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico