Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 05:39 AM

124 posts, read 228,289 times

Advertisements

Sounds like the cards are falling in place for you. Good luck whatever you decide!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 06:13 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,277,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalabear View Post
I haven't really looked into Artesia, because I think the commute would be too much. The job is at the potash mine, so almost halfway between Carlsbad and Hobbs. He drove out to Hobbs today and he didn't like it as much as he likes Carlsbad. He said it felt more 'big city' to him. lol We are both from Los Angeles originally, so I have no idea what the town is like really. I can't imagine it would feel that big compared to back home. We are looking for a small town to settle down in for awhile, and in a lot of ways Carlsbad fits. And in some ways it doesn't. We have a few more days to make our official decision though. Oh, and he might have found us a rental in a good neighborhood! So that's a big plus if we decide to move.
That is great, I hope if you move to Carlbad, you and your family will be happy.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:57 PM

4 posts, read 8,704 times
Yeah Carlsbad is definitely better than Hobbs to live in.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:10 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,277,301 times
Just wondering if the OP's family had made a decision about moving to Carlsbad?

Old 03-03-2011, 11:59 AM

4 posts, read 7,767 times
We moved to Carlsbad from S. California 18 years ago. While this was a culture shock...we fit in very quick. Most people here in town are quite friendly and will lend a helping hand. There is not alot to do here, and yes..shopping sucks here in town. The upside to that is you can spend a whole day going out of town, eating, shopping, and have a nice family time. Probably the best news is that we have a new mayor who seems to want to FINALLY move the city forward. The previous mayor was very difficult to bring him out of his personal prefferences. So, the future looks better for Carlsbad. Welcome!

Old 03-03-2011, 12:03 PM

4 posts, read 7,767 times
While Artesia has a close nit feeling to it and good schools....drugs are actually much worse up there. And there are new homes being built here in Carlsbad.....not too expensive..especially if you compare to California.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,936 times
My wife and I recently (Feb, 2011) moved from the Napa Valley to Carlsbad and we both LOVE it. I'm originally from Carlsbad but had been in CA for 40+ years. The small town atmosphere, no traffic to speak of, great cost of living and very friendly people have made our transition smooth as smooth can be. There is nothing like the wide open spaces of New Mexico and we expect to be right here for the rest of our time.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:58 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,750,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZimmer View Post
My wife and I recently (Feb, 2011) moved from the Napa Valley to Carlsbad and we both LOVE it. I'm originally from Carlsbad but had been in CA for 40+ years.
That's a long time to be away from home... Welcome back! I was out here the first time about 40 years ago... Took me a while to get back here...

Rich

Old 04-17-2011, 06:29 AM

44 posts, read 132,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Just wondering if the OP's family had made a decision about moving to Carlsbad?
Thank you for all your help! It's been a crazy couple of months, but we ended up moving to Lake Jackson, TX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico