Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 11:05 PM

233 posts, read 835,786 times

Advertisements

Hi-
I'm going to Hobbs for a Burger Builders hamburger (I've been to neither)
Sat 11/29/08 as part of a "Return to The Alma Mater (TEXAS TECH)" Trip.

Is Is The Western Heritage Museum Complex/Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame Worth It??

En route to Hobbs, my 2 friends & I will have just come from The West of the Pecos Museum in Pecos, TX which I consider Texas' Best Museum...first made it there with 3 other friends 1.28.06 but used up all the film in my camera at The Roy Orbison Museum in Wink which we had just come from. Returning to The West of the Pecos Museum 11.29.08 with my digital camera.

Thanks,
fallguy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 09:32 AM

464 posts, read 1,157,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
Hi-
I'm going to Hobbs for a Burger Builders hamburger (I've been to neither)
Sat 11/29/08 as part of a "Return to The Alma Mater (TEXAS TECH)" Trip.

Is Is The Western Heritage Museum Complex/Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame Worth It??

En route to Hobbs, my 2 friends & I will have just come from The West of the Pecos Museum in Pecos, TX which I consider Texas' Best Museum...first made it there with 3 other friends 1.28.06 but used up all the film in my camera at The Roy Orbison Museum in Wink which we had just come from. Returning to The West of the Pecos Museum 11.29.08 with my digital camera.

Thanks,
fallguy

Tho I've never been to that particular museum, I checked their web-site {it's Not in the "Oak" City category of Cowboy/Western museums by far } tho, for 3 bucks admission for adults, I don't think it would be a bad deal, I'd go
It's definitely In, cowboy country

I can't wait to get back to NM and check out finally, the new/re-vamped Hubbard museum in Ruidoso Downs, myself. They were doing some of the remodel and incorporating work when I was last in the area and were closed I think. {they incorporated the old- Museum of the Horse- "Stradling's"}.

I'd love to get photos of their New outside permanent exhibit- "Free Spirits of the Noisy Waters". 8 larger than life bronze horses of various breeds- rompin' over the hillsides, some appearing to be in mid-air strides

I say go for it fallguy. And Do post back here and let us know what you thought of that Complex, and your museum visit!

Tia Dalma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico