Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 08:56 AM

775 posts, read 2,587,352 times

Advertisements

Yes Lindas ALbum in Spanish with Mariachi Music shows her Voice talents and all her songs are good on the album. el pintada kid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 01:43 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
I have such an easier time trusting people like this more so than medical doctors.
Curranderos and Curranderas do this work because they enjoy it and it's there life's calling whereas medical doctors do it for money. Actually medical doctors don't heal anybody because they don't know how to. They're trained to write prescriptions for nasty drugs, pat ya on the back and say I'll see ya next time.
The healers or I call them witchdoctors are into healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
The Spanish and the People from Mexico have always used plants and other ways of Doctoring their people when they are ill. The Indians that have Blended with the Spanish and the Mexicans have throughout the years borrowed their knowledge of healing Plants from each other. I would say that Curranderos or Curranderas are just people that learned the Different Medicinal plants through the years from their elders because they were too far from Doctors and today these Medical plants are being used by people who cant afford doctors and that believe in their Healing Qualities. el pintada kid

Old 12-12-2008, 01:46 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaDalma View Post
"Songs for my father" {in Spanish} is definitely Ronstadt's best recording "Canciones por mi Padre" I think? I'll have to dig that out!

Tia Dalma
It was "Canciones de mi padre..." (of)....and she also had a follow-up! I can't stand her politics, but as long as she shuts the hell up and sings, it's fine. She has an incredible talent--can do ANY kind of music!

But when she uses her concerts that people have PAID for to push her agenda, it's out of line.

I will enjoy what I have, but I'll never buy anything else she does.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:27 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,024,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I have such an easier time trusting people like this more so than medical doctors.
Curranderos and Curranderas do this work because they enjoy it and it's there life's calling whereas medical doctors do it for money. Actually medical doctors don't heal anybody because they don't know how to. They're trained to write prescriptions for nasty drugs, pat ya on the back and say I'll see ya next time.
The healers or I call them witchdoctors are into healing.
As a registered nurse for almost 40 years, I worked with many gifted and caring doctors. There is a perception out there that doctors are bad and some people make the mistake of generalizing and lumping all doctors into one general "bad" category, but that is highly unfair.

I worked with an orthopedic oncologist who would hold his patients in his arms and cry with them when the full implication of a bad diagnosis hit them. This was not a doctor who patted his patients on the back and said see ya next time. No way.

I worked with another surgeon who did back surgery, and he would sit up all night in the ICU with his patients after a long and difficult surgery.

Ever seen a doctor lose a patient in a code .... or a doctor who loses an oncology patient they have tried for several years to save? I have seen more gut-wrenching grief than you would believe. The good ones I worked with were not in it for the money. And you're right, they don't heal everybody, but many of the ones I worked with did everything they could do to heal their patients.

Have you ever read anything about Dr. Ben Carson? He is one of my heroes. Go Google him.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:38 PM

I've not seen a medical doctor heal or cure anybody. They give out prescriptions. If doctors were healers, everyone I know of with diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc. would be healed in a matter of time and not pop pills everyday for the rest of there lives to get by.
You've known of some caring doctors but not true healers. I've known of uncaring doctors that don't know the first thing about what healing is all about.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:00 PM

775 posts, read 2,587,352 times
Default Doctor Doctor

Doctors can cure or treat an illness but only God Can Heal.... el pintada kid

Old 12-12-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I've not seen a medical doctor heal or cure anybody. They give out prescriptions. If doctors were healers, everyone I know of with diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc. would be healed in a matter of time and not pop pills everyday for the rest of there lives to get by.
You've known of some caring doctors but not true healers. I've known of uncaring doctors that don't know the first thing about what healing is all about.
Well, I will have to revise my comments and agree with you on the healing thing.

Doctors don't cure. They treat illness. GOD CURES.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
Doctors can cure or treat an illness but only God Can Heal.... el pintada kid
WOW Pintada -- I posted my comment without reading yours first.

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 PM

Or in this case about the healers/witchdoctors, they are the vessels for which God/Goddess/Spirit to work through.
Our minds also have great healing powers.

Old 09-20-2023, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 220 times
Exclamation Important notice!

On behalf of the Esquibel Family, I am the second eldest granddaughter of Guadalupe Esquibel of Vaughn New Mexico, also known as, El Pintada Kid. It is with heavy heart to bear news to the many people whom have learned from him, he has passed away. For funeral information check the Albuquerque Journal in the following days. Please give our family the time and space to grieve in these times. We appreciate your condolences. If you wish to pay your respects, we believe the best form is to put on your favorite song that reminds you of him and go on an outdoors adventure!

Thank you - The Esquibels.

Long live our Favorite Marine and Martyr, EL PINTADA KID
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico