Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 08:47 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,253,118 times

Advertisements

Okay, so the last couple of days here in Alamo have been beautiful, not to hot but definately not cold and I of course was really enjoying it. Then this evening OMG it is so cold. We moved some stuff this morning and it wasn't to bad but geez the closer to dark it got the colder. What a whiner I am, since IT is still winter. I am just hoping we will have some warm weather next weekend for our move. This morning when we got home from the gym at 6:45 my computer was showing that it was 54 and it was nice, and now it is 36 brrrrrrr. The wind definately isn't helping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 09:08 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,296,677 times
When I was in Alamo this past week, I could have had on my summer clothes and been comfy. Definatly not winter weather but I don't think it's been such a cold winter yet.
Timberon has been pretty windy the past couple of days though. Time to stay inside and drink some cocoa.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
When I was in Alamo this past week, I could have had on my summer clothes and been comfy. Definatly not winter weather but I don't think it's been such a cold winter yet.
Timberon has been pretty windy the past couple of days though. Time to stay inside and drink some cocoa.
Your right it hasn't been a cold winter and I have to be honest I was liking it that way. I have on my flannel jammies and I am off to get under the covers. Yes, Alamo was really warm this last week, but I knew it was to good to be true, it never fails, it gets warm the trees think about blooming and all of the sudden it is cold again.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:45 AM

9,347 posts, read 20,708,088 times
Ok, I think we had a little dose of winter reality this morning. The bank clock said 32 degrees this morning, coldest I've felt in the morning in about 3 weeks. However, we should be good for 60 degrees as a high today. That's still a little above normal I think for this time of year.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:54 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,811,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Okay, so the last couple of days here in Alamo have been beautiful, not to hot but definately not cold and I of course was really enjoying it. Then this evening OMG it is so cold. We moved some stuff this morning and it wasn't to bad but geez the closer to dark it got the colder. What a whiner I am, since IT is still winter. I am just hoping we will have some warm weather next weekend for our move. This morning when we got home from the gym at 6:45 my computer was showing that it was 54 and it was nice, and now it is 36 brrrrrrr. The wind definately isn't helping.
It's warming up to 39.......

I loved it this morning when I went out to get my paper!

You are just south-Texas spoiled....LOL!! I lived in McAllen for a few months in the summer, and I thought I was gonna die. December was nice, though.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:32 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,017,993 times
Yes it is colder here than it has been. But I think of my kids, Tia and RRR and wonder how they are doing.. RRR could have ice about now. My kids temps are in the single didgets.. Glad I am here!
Jane

Old 01-28-2009, 06:18 PM

550 posts, read 1,546,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
When I was in Alamo this past week, I could have had on my summer clothes and been comfy. Definitely not winter weather but I don't think it's been such a cold winter yet.
I here ya. Ice on everything here this morning south of Dallas. Had to let the truck warm up for 20 minutes and still scrape ice! Warmed up to high thirty's back to twenty's in the morning. Tomorrow up to high 50's Chilegal, Hope the kids stay warm!!!

Old 01-28-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeweld View Post
I here ya. Ice on everything here this morning south of Dallas. Had to let the truck warm up for 20 minutes and still scrape ice! Warmed up to high thirty's back to twenty's in the morning. Tomorrow up to high 50's Chilegal, Hope the kids stay warm!!!

I have a friend that lives outside Dallas and she was saying they were having to deal with snow, so I guess it isn't so bad here.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
It's warming up to 39.......

I loved it this morning when I went out to get my paper!

You are just south-Texas spoiled....LOL!! I lived in McAllen for a few months in the summer, and I thought I was gonna die. December was nice, though.

You would think after living in NM for the last 9 years I would be alittle more used to it. It is funny though when I lived in S Texas I never felt like I was gonna die from the heat but now when I go back I feel like I am gonna die. I am always asking my Mom how she stands it.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Ok, I think we had a little dose of winter reality this morning. The bank clock said 32 degrees this morning, coldest I've felt in the morning in about 3 weeks. However, we should be good for 60 degrees as a high today. That's still a little above normal I think for this time of year.
If there had been no breeze it would have been okay today but that breeze just added that briskness to the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico