Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:38 PM

229 posts, read 656,346 times

Advertisements

Haven't been on here for a few days and glad to hear that you are finally making the move in May. Can't wait either for us to come out there and figure out if it is the right thing for us. For it was going to be there or Az.
But anyway good luck and take care in the drive and move. Have fun.
Anita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 06:11 AM

13 posts, read 28,056 times
Ramblin Rose.....Headed to Winchester, southern Tn this time. Its a horse camp type, pretty on the internet but have never been there. Our friends from Ky have never been there but made the reservations for all of us. We usually head up to Big South Fork so it will be fun to explore new trails. No alergies so I am lucky there. All this happening after we get back from spending May in NM without horses.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:10 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,254,951 times
Thanks, Anita :0) I hope you can get goin' soon too.

Ah, so you're gonna be MORE than ready to ride, eh Jufa?

Unfortunately due to my breathing problems, my last time horseback (and ONLY time in 2008) was Labor Day weekend last year. We headed to the mountains hoping the change in elevation would help alleviate the humidity issues, but I went freakin' numb from lack of oxygen. I tried to hide it from everyone, didn't want to kill their fun. But wouldn't ya know it- I had to pee! Ever dismounted and remounted when you can't feel your HANDS? I truely think my mare is a saint in pink and white hair, lol!

I sooo miss riding.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:12 AM

13 posts, read 28,056 times
RamlinRose do you do better without the humidity? Years ago (70's)my parents moved from Mi to Tucson for that reason and my mom did sooo much better there. It was a shame as time went on more people came and planted more "green" grass and plants to remind them of home and created many of the problems that they moved to get away from.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:25 PM

429 posts, read 1,478,884 times
Hot-diggity-dog RRR!!!! I'm so thrilled for you... great how things just line up and work out, huh?? Congrats to Greg on landing the job!!! And congrats to all of you on your move!! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!

Old 04-12-2009, 12:28 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,918,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufamarie View Post
RamlinRose do you do better without the humidity? Years ago (70's)my parents moved from Mi to Tucson for that reason and my mom did sooo much better there. It was a shame as time went on more people came and planted more "green" grass and plants to remind them of home and created many of the problems that they moved to get away from.
but the good thing in NM, so many people are zeroscaping.

Nita

Old 04-12-2009, 04:29 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,026,638 times
RRR, let us know if you are OK after the bad weather in Tenn.
Jane

Old 04-13-2009, 11:29 AM

Yup, Jufa- humidity is my nemesis. Anything over 40% or so (which is 90% of the time here) shuts me down and I not only can't breathe-I sound like a Soprano. The only green I intend to plant in NM will be fruit trees and raised bed veggie gardens :-)

Thanks W-sis :-) It's finally happening! Now if I can find a place to live......

I figured you were worried, Jane. Thought about it during the storms Friday as a matter fact. We had some STRONG, severe thunderstorms but that was it. On the way in to work, it was 9:00 p.m. dark, not 8:00 a.m. daylight! We had wind, but luckily no tornadoes- Murfreesboro wasn't so lucky, i'm afraid. My pastures are really soaked and we had to have 80 bales of Bermuda off loaded into the garage instead of trucked down to the barn-they'd have never gotten back out.
Grass was dry enough to hide easter eggs and nothing fell on my fence, house or barn- so we're all good. :-) Thanks.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:57 PM

229 posts, read 656,346 times
Hope things in Tn was alright. Had a scare that the weather was real bad and it may had gotten to close to you. Knowing that the move is near and the tornados being to close, made my heart jump, kept thinking about you. Glad it did not get you though.
anita

Old 04-14-2009, 08:01 PM

Thanks, Anita. We were supposed to be under tornado watch until ten p.m. that night, but it cleared up and calmed down about seven thirty that night. Thankfully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
View detailed profiles of: