Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:58 PM

115 posts, read 471,498 times

Advertisements

Housing is building TONS of new, very pretty houses! You should be able to get one of those since you don't move to HAFB until fall. We live on base in one of the older houses and are moving into a new one by the end of this year *I can't wait* especially since a lil' one is on its way

Soaring Heights is our housing company http://holloman.soaringheights.net/

My hubby hasn't experienced any racism since we moved to Holloman. Everyone (military and non-military) is really nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,281 times
Just wanted to say hello. We will be moving to Holloman this fall also. I am very excited. We have been in Cheyenne, Wy at FE Warren for almost 4 years. I am so ready to get out of here!! and closer to home (Texas).

Old 09-26-2009, 09:08 AM

6 posts, read 20,117 times
My husband was stationed at HAFB and Im from Alamogordo. We moved out 10+ years ago and went back 5 years ago. I thought we were getting taken by rental property prices. At that time, there wasnt much to chose from in my $800 and below price range. We had lived in a big city and after moving back to Alamogordo we quickly realized that there are hardly any shopping places. Small JC Penney, Kmart, Walmart and a few small shops. There seems to be more places to eat out than stores. Its cheaper to take the drive to El Paso or Las Cruces if you plan on shopping for anything major (appliances, carpeting, etc.) especially for greater selection.

One great thing about alamogordo is the zoo. Its small, but you can feed the ducks and there is a nice playground that makes for great afternoon picnics. My children could NEVER get enough of the zoo so we did that on a weekly basis. There are lots of trees at the alameda park zoo so its quite comfortable during the warm months.

I never witnessed nor even heard about any racism in Alamogordo.

Watch for scorpions though...I got stung by one and have encountered them in other peoples homes. I've also seen rattlesnakes, but I've seen more scorpions than rattlers.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,856 times
All the information posted is really great for those of us that are moving to holloman from other bases. We are coming from Lakenheath UK and its already been a journey. I do have one question to post do military spouses have to get their drivers liscence changed to new mexico or are we able to keep them in the state that we are originally a resident? Also where are the good areas to look for in a house rent/buy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico