Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 02:27 PM

3 posts, read 11,306 times

Advertisements

After over ten years together my lady and I are seeking a friendlier place to live. Both of us have lived in Ohio all of our lives. We know we will not find everything we want, but we're finding it difficult to discover the right place. Based on the criteria below, can anyone make recommendations.

1. My doctor has suggested a warm dry environment would improve my sinus condition.

2. We enjoy being outdoors but are not avid hikers. We do like to walk our dog. We both enjoy swimming and like being in the water.

3. We aren't at retirement age. I work as a security guard. She is a team lead at the local amusement park in the summer and rarely works in the winter. I have a degree in web development but haven't found work in the field for nearly two years. We will have to find jobs right away.

4. We spend most of our free time inside. We play games together on the internet and talk to our friends there. Besides walking or swimming all of our entertainment is inside our home. That is our haven. Occasionally we will go to a family type restaurant with our notebooks and write stories with each other while we enjoy eating out together. It is almost always the same restaurant where we find friendly servers.

5. Currently we feel trapped into making our house look "good enough" for it to sit in the neighborhood. We have to conform to city standards and feel we have little say about what we are capable of or what we think looks good. We are not in the best condition either and when we fall behind on things such as lawn mowing we find notices on the door that we will be fined if we don't mow within 2 days. It's not only stressful, but with my 50 hours - 64 hours a week of work it's sometimes impossible to comply. We'd like a place that is more laid back about such things so we can decide what we want our house and yard to look like, and what we have the time and strength to accomplish.

In addition to making recommendations, can anyone tell me how to compare water cost? A friend who is always bashing my desire to move said water is too expensive in NM and I won't be able to have the big bathtub I've always dreamed of because I won't be able to afford to fill it. I think she might be being ridiculous, but can't prove it...

Thank you!
M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 04:43 AM

476 posts, read 2,319,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_evergreen View Post
After over ten years together my lady and I are seeking a friendlier place to live. Both of us have lived in Ohio all of our lives. We know we will not find everything we want, but we're finding it difficult to discover the right place. Based on the criteria below, can anyone make recommendations.

1. My doctor has suggested a warm dry environment would improve my sinus condition.

2. We enjoy being outdoors but are not avid hikers. We do like to walk our dog. We both enjoy swimming and like being in the water.

3. We aren't at retirement age. I work as a security guard. She is a team lead at the local amusement park in the summer and rarely works in the winter. I have a degree in web development but haven't found work in the field for nearly two years. We will have to find jobs right away.

4. We spend most of our free time inside. We play games together on the internet and talk to our friends there. Besides walking or swimming all of our entertainment is inside our home. That is our haven. Occasionally we will go to a family type restaurant with our notebooks and write stories with each other while we enjoy eating out together. It is almost always the same restaurant where we find friendly servers.

5. Currently we feel trapped into making our house look "good enough" for it to sit in the neighborhood. We have to conform to city standards and feel we have little say about what we are capable of or what we think looks good. We are not in the best condition either and when we fall behind on things such as lawn mowing we find notices on the door that we will be fined if we don't mow within 2 days. It's not only stressful, but with my 50 hours - 64 hours a week of work it's sometimes impossible to comply. We'd like a place that is more laid back about such things so we can decide what we want our house and yard to look like, and what we have the time and strength to accomplish.

In addition to making recommendations, can anyone tell me how to compare water cost? A friend who is always bashing my desire to move said water is too expensive in NM and I won't be able to have the big bathtub I've always dreamed of because I won't be able to afford to fill it. I think she might be being ridiculous, but can't prove it...

Thank you!
M
You might look in Durango, Colorado which is just across the New Mexico border. I know alot of lesbians live there. It is very dog friendly and a liberal city, so you wont have any trouble there. Lots of mountains, a dry climate, a hiker and biker paradise. Durango has lots of water with lakes, creeks, rivers and so on, not to mention an excellent natural hot springs to bath in. Another place I know where lesbians live is Santa Fe. Good luck on your search.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:22 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,414,824 times
Im going to tout Clayton here again. If you work in seurity were opening a 200 bed prison outside of town and they are looking for workers there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico