Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2014, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 831 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating for a new job at Ochsner Baptist on Napoleon. I've been to New Orleans a few times, but not familiar with the hospital area. I'm a relatively young, single female so I'm looking for somewhere safe, but fun. I have to be within 15min drive from the hospital to pull call. Any advice on apartments, neighborhoods, ect that you can give would be helpful. I'm looking for a 1br or 2br and not wanting to pay over $800. Thank you in advance for your help ... first time moving away from family so I'm a little scared lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 11:33 AM

1,097 posts, read 2,340,751 times
The good thing about Ochsner Baptist, is that it is centrally located. The immediate area to the west would be ideal as you would be practically in walking distance. I would avoid anything east or northeast of the hospital.

The Freret corridor from Napolean up to Jefferson is booming right now and there is lots to do. It's definitely a fun neighborhood. The south(river) side of Freret is a little more established and well kept. See: The New Freret

You can also check out Broadmoor. Look at the the area Between Fontainbleau and Claiborne and from Calhoun down to Napoleon. You should be able to find a 1br within your budget. A nice 2br for $800 would be tougher to find. The good thing about either of these areas, is that they're reasonably safe and you're <2mi from anything you want to do Uptown.

If you can't find anything in Broadmoor or Freret, then pretty much anywhere Uptown or Mid City will be <15min drive away.

See:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-o...moving-no.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-o...vs-uptown.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-o...males-20s.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans