Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 04:13 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times

Advertisements

This is why we hate transplants.
You live in the hood. Get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 05:36 AM

136 posts, read 168,039 times
For once I completely agree with you Annie!

Old 11-13-2017, 06:28 AM

1,901 posts, read 3,086,502 times
Y'all are being a tad bit harsh

Old 11-13-2017, 07:35 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle25_0 View Post
Excuse me for paying my taxes and expecting elected officials to do their job.
Obviously you're from somewhere else. This is New Orleans------you'll have to cope or leave.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
Y'all are being a tad bit harsh
Dude is coming and asking locals how to gentrify his neighborhood. What do you expect? You don't move here then ask locals how to change it, guaranteed hostility.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:55 AM

53 posts, read 87,287 times
Apparently people on this forum think that I'm not supposed to want my neighborhood to be better and that elected officials aren't supposed to do their jobs, which is probably why New Orleans has such crime to begin with.
Going from how the people are on here you all sound more than ok with children living around crackhouses and dealing with drug dealers in their neighborhoods.

None of you give a **** about this city. So why then do you all complain about the crime if none of you are going to do anything about it?
Instead you rather **** on me for wanting to make a difference and act holier than thou instead of I don't know being useful.

All of you can **** off honestly. I said people who had anything relevant to say to post. If you don't and just want to be a condescending ***** then please leave.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:57 AM

You don't understand the city. Don't blame your ignorance on us.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:06 AM

53 posts, read 87,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post

You don't understand the city. Don't blame your ignorance on us.
From how you all act I understand it just fine.

Lazy pieces of ****, who ***** and moan about crime, but won't do anything about it.

It's clear none of you will be any help.

And to the earlier poster comparing this situation to people living by an airport how dense can you be to compare children and adults losing their lives in gun violence to air plane noise?

From what I can see the real problem with the New Orleans isn't the officials, it's the residents.

None of you seem even slightly bothered by children living in these conditions and seeing this way of life and then wonder why they grow up the way they do. It's because people like who all who have your heads so far up your ass you don't even bother to see how stupid you all are acting.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:53 AM

136 posts, read 168,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle25_0 View Post
From how you all act I understand it just fine.

Lazy pieces of ****, who ***** and moan about crime, but won't do anything about it.

It's clear none of you will be any help.

And to the earlier poster comparing this situation to people living by an airport how dense can you be to compare children and adults losing their lives in gun violence to air plane noise?

From what I can see the real problem with the New Orleans isn't the officials, it's the residents.

None of you seem even slightly bothered by children living in these conditions and seeing this way of life and then wonder why they grow up the way they do. It's because people like who all who have your heads so far up your ass you don't even bother to see how stupid you all are acting.
No, the problem is you are one of these outside "idealists" who has no idea how the real world functions, or the numerous societal issues that have contributed to that neighborhood being in the state you are complaining about. I'm willing to bet you grew up somewhere in the lily white suburbs and never met a poor person in your life. You were probably taught that everyone is "equal", life is "fair", and there is always a "happy ending". Sorry man, that's just not the real world. In the real world even the most economically prosperous and successful cities in this nation have neighborhoods with the problems you describe. It's nothing new and its not going to change simply because you moved in and want it to change. So far as the city, the cops, the social workers, and code enforcement are concerned you can reach out to any and all of them. The fact of the matter is that in that area they are so overwhelmed with more pressing issues that your quality of life complaints are at the absolute bottom of the barrel. if you wanted safe and no problems, you should have probably looked at Gentilly.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:15 AM

806 posts, read 877,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
This is why we hate transplants.
You live in the hood. Get over it.
Say's the transplant ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans