Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 02:41 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Hey I have a question.

Who dat, got blown out in Seattle not once but twice!

The Saints! Dats who.

And this is just a small preview of what's going to happen to you next year! Hope Drew Brees couch is nice and comfortable watching the superbowl. Lol. Have a great year!
This is comedy gold...fans of the team that finished LAST in the NFC South and is one of the worst teams in the league talking down on us in this thread after yet another season of sweeping the falcons and making the playoffs. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 05:31 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
This is comedy gold...fans of the team that finished LAST in the NFC South and is one of the worst teams in the league talking down on us in this thread after yet another season of sweeping the falcons and making the playoffs. lol
Don't forget just in August they were a favorite to not only go deep in the playoffs, but win the Superbowl. Went 2-14, at least we went 7-9 without one of the best coaches in history. Atlanta just sucks.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:58 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,086,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Don't forget just in August they were a favorite to not only go deep in the playoffs, but win the Superbowl. Went 2-14, at least we went 7-9 without one of the best coaches in history. Atlanta just sucks.
So does their football team

Old 01-16-2014, 05:59 PM

643 posts, read 978,110 times
Lol

Old 01-17-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
So does their football team
That's what I mean. The city is nice, that crappy team and fans.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:18 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,874 times
Regarding some of the recent posting on this thread, let's have a little perspective from over in hated Falcons land, okay?
You have to expect internet trolling on forums like C-D or at Nola.com. It just goes with the territory of rivalries.
If you naively think that Saints fans are innocent of trolling over on Atlanta media & Falcons blogs, you are sadly mistaken. Whenever the Falcons crash & burn there is much glee in Saints land & it shows up on our blogs. Conversely when the Saints crash & burn, glee directed your way out of Atlanta is going to show up on New Orleams media blogs.
All season long, Saints fans, especially one known on Nola.com & elsewhere as SeenThisB4, have been on the AtlantaJournalConstitution sports blogs, as has been the case for years. Some of us over here wonder how he in particular has time to lead a life in New Orleans given his regularity on blogs elsewhere.
I'm watching for him there going forward though as I will begin posting a headline & story from the 1/11/2014 edition of Nola.com that read, "Another Season of Promise Ends in Familiar Fashion..." for the Saints & remind him that he has business at home with the Saint's problems to be more concerned about than the Falcon's fall from grace this year.

http://http://www.nola.com/saints/in...column_16.html

You may hate us over in Atlanta but I'll just tell you this: Atlantans were largely agrieved at the Katrina disaster that befell your city & responded with an outpouring of donations of money, supplies & offers of shelter for evacuees. I myself helped organize a neighborhood relief drive & the church 2 clocks away housed evacuees that we looked after for a coupler of months.
So, it was a bitter pill for me personally-speaking when, on a sports blog at the Charlotte Observer about 3 years ago, things got heated between myself & a Saints fan. He closed off our exchange there by writing that he wished that my home would be destroyed in a Katrina-like disaster. Ever since then I've backed away from embracing the rivalry & have, shall we say, been cool toward nearly everything New Orleans associated.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Regarding some of the recent posting on this thread, let's have a little perspective from over in hated Falcons land, okay?
You have to expect internet trolling on forums like C-D or at Nola.com. It just goes with the territory of rivalries.
If you naively think that Saints fans are innocent of trolling over on Atlanta media & Falcons blogs, you are sadly mistaken. Whenever the Falcons crash & burn there is much glee in Saints land & it shows up on our blogs. Conversely when the Saints crash & burn, glee directed your way out of Atlanta is going to show up on New Orleams media blogs.
All season long, Saints fans, especially one known on Nola.com & elsewhere as SeenThisB4, have been on the AtlantaJournalConstitution sports blogs, as has been the case for years. Some of us over here wonder how he in particular has time to lead a life in New Orleans given his regularity on blogs elsewhere.
I'm watching for him there going forward though as I will begin posting a headline & story from the 1/11/2014 edition of Nola.com that read, "Another Season of Promise Ends in Familiar Fashion..." for the Saints & remind him that he has business at home with the Saint's problems to be more concerned about than the Falcon's fall from grace this year.
That's one guy. Doesn't represent Who Dat Nation whatsoever.

Quote:
You may hate us over in Atlanta but I'll just tell you this: Atlantans were largely agrieved at the Katrina disaster that befell your city & responded with an outpouring of donations of money, supplies & offers of shelter for evacuees. I myself helped organize a neighborhood relief drive & the church 2 clocks away housed evacuees that we looked after for a coupler of months.
So, it was a bitter pill for me personally-speaking when, on a sports blog at the Charlotte Observer about 3 years ago, things got heated between myself & a Saints fan. He closed off our exchange there by writing that he wished that my home would be destroyed in a Katrina-like disaster. Ever since then I've backed away from embracing the rivalry & have, shall we say, been cool toward nearly everything New Orleans associated.
Of course you were, just as Saints fans would be quick to aid Atlantans in a similar disaster. We did the same with New York and Jersey when many of them were saying "Why rebuild New Orleans?"
Again, that's one guy.
Do you have any idea how many Atlantas I've heard say that they wished Katrina would hit again, wished the Saints would have went to San Antonio and all other crap? Doesn't change the fact that there are good Falcons fans (I conned one of the poor suckers to get me drunk at Hooters in Baton Rouge) and and vice versa.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:43 PM

Yea there are extremists on both sides...which is silly to me, being that its football...a game. But we don't hate Atlanta.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:55 PM

Ahh man Darren Sharper is in deep doo doo now.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Ahh man Darren Sharper is in deep doo doo now.
I've yet to hear/read the full story, but from what I do hear he might deserve that doo doo. Saint or not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans