Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2011, 02:39 PM

801 posts, read 1,105,115 times

Advertisements

Jajajjaja !!! Lol!!!!! But where is the camera Del????

Old 09-24-2011, 03:04 PM

I need to get some more applications , but non of them falls where I really want to be. But whatever comes I take it. As for 1468 Hoe Ave, they reject my aplication , cuz I was above The income . Big deal!!! Anyway I can't wait to see somebody face, to let them know how it feels to be , hurt and played.. Real talk..

Old 09-24-2011, 07:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,998 times
how is the area around the building? I heard it is very dangerous a lot of drug lords and stuff like that.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:11 PM

365 posts, read 502,025 times
The area around BBTB is most definitely not the best of the Bronx. My dad grew up in the projects up the block from BBTB, and he also worked as an EMS worker for many years and has told me about a MILLION times how much he doesn't like this area. He recalls overdose victims found in those empty lots, and gang related victims. All in all, they're practically begging me to reconsider or at least move in with my boyfriend.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:33 PM

The problem is that walking during day time is ok. But mornings , and nights, it's re dangerous. But things happened to me and I haven't realized why is that I haven't moved yet, and something deep inside of me says , not to move there, but I don't have a option. And if something bad is going to hapend well is my destiny. I had poeple saying that place was a Gang area, I had to see it with my eyes , but I don't care as long I mind my own business and stay out of trouble.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:56 PM

317 posts, read 578,681 times
Moneboo.... I know your parents mean well but trust me when I say that it's nothing like being on your own. To go from living with your parents to then moving out to live with your boyfriend is equivalent to going from one house with rules to another. Try living on your own for a while with the sleeping over here and there and believe me you are going to love it. Far as BBTB goes we all know the are isn't the best but I'm sure you're not the type of female to always be in the streets all types of hours therefore you should be fine. I'm the type that before I get home I do and get all that I need because I dont go out after a certain time. My point is make it work for you and if it's not what you thought it would be don't re-new your lease.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:09 PM

You are like me. I go shop everything at one time. And I don't carry with nothing expensive, I dress properly but not to show some style. Is basically a change of lifestyle , I accept the challenges daily , but i hope I get out of here before winter. That's my goal !! Things are going crazy everywhere . It happend yesterday coming back home a shoot out in the block, cops all over the place,.by the bless of God there was nobody hurt and I make it home safety. Who knows what will be our destiny this days. But I stay strong. Moneboo don't worry you already in.!!

Old 09-24-2011, 09:28 PM

365 posts, read 502,025 times
@Steph...I know what you mean! My first year of college, I stayed on campus and my roommate and I were tighter than sisters. But besides all that, the freedom and responsiblity that followed was something that I enjoyed. I never went crazy or anything, and even now living here, I have more than enough freedom, however, I just chose to be here respectfully. Of course I do my going out and late mornings, but living at BBTB would make me a little leary doing so. I'd be cabbing it all over at those hours. I dunno, I'm just over thinking it I guess, but hey.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:37 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,390,804 times
Due to threads with over 1,000 posts causing an issue with the forum software, the discussion in this thread can continue in Part II, which can be found here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...l#post21021712

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery