Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 10:33 AM

343 posts, read 1,093,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Yes but they need the most updated infer to send to the city. The interview could've been a month ago. Some of these take months and months so right before you are approved you need to provide the most update info to all your paper work.
oh ok.. i see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 10:36 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,245,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLove View Post
oh ok.. i see.
This lottery was off though in my eyes. I've been following/ applying to these for year and this one seemed to discriminate against self-employed.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
This lottery was off though in my eyes. I've been following/ applying to these for year and this one seemed to discriminate against self-employed.
i've heard they all do actually, because its sort of looked at like self employed people can easily manipulate income and verifications & stuff.. just what i heard, i'm not self employed myself so i wouldn't know personally

Old 01-31-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
i've heard they all do actually, because its sort of looked at like self employed people can easily manipulate income and verifications & stuff.. just what i heard, i'm not self employed myself so i wouldn't know personally
I actually know a lot of self employees people living in 80/20 buildings. They are not so much self employed but are 1099 but its considered self employed to the companies who 1099 them.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:52 PM

23 posts, read 57,762 times
Yeah they were confused with one of my bank accounts and now I have to also bring more information with my self-employed income, although I thought I had already done that, but I am keeping current. Yes you are probably right about they want to make sure of the most up to date info and if anything has changed. OH BOY! I am so anxious! Well, more paperwork here we come, but hopefully his will be all worth it. God willing I will get that one bedroom, which is what I really need and want.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CITY GIRL 18 View Post
Yeah they were confused with one of my bank accounts and now I have to also bring more information with my self-employed income, although I thought I had already done that, but I am keeping current. Yes you are probably right about they want to make sure of the most up to date info and if anything has changed. OH BOY! I am so anxious! Well, more paperwork here we come, but hopefully his will be all worth it. God willing I will get that one bedroom, which is what I really need and want.
good luck! you should ask them how they determine who gets a 1br and who gets a studio because the incomes overlap..

Old 01-31-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CITY GIRL 18 View Post
When you speak to them again after you get them your updated info ask which ones are still available. When I went for my income group I ask are you considering me for 1 bedroom, studio, or both. She told me for a studio as thats all they had left.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:48 PM

Oh OK I will ask them what is available. So what building will you be in? Thanks for your help.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:59 PM

31,947 posts, read 27,057,104 times
Quote:
Self employed persons off all sorts from physicians to attorneys right down to hair stylists and so forth are having a very hard time in all aspects of the housing market. Getting a mortgage is no walk in the park for them either, that is if they can even find a bank to deal with them at all.

Much of this is a hangover affect from the recent housing "bubble" and collapse, where mortgages were given out in some cases with few serious questions asked about sources of stable income for repayment. Dodd-Frank now actually requires those lending money to make sure those applying will have the resources to repay.

When it comes to the rental market, yes it is very easy for people to "fudge" paperwork to get an apartment. What happens afterwards when they cannot make rent is the worry, and one assumes in these 80/20 situations the pressure is on developers/the City to make sure that does not happen. As we all know getting a tenant out of an apartment even if they are always paying rent late is not always easy.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:00 PM

Do they have the affordable housing apartments in the 550 building? I think they have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery