Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2024, 08:38 AM

5 posts, read 2,116 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone, I have a question regarding an apartment I was contacted for, I received an email about an apartment of one bedroom, I submitted all my documents, the agent literally call me every day for a whole week just to ask me one simple question and then wait for another day to call me to ask another question, I get upset about the way he was working on my process because why don't you write Down all your question and call me and ask me, why do you have to wait a day just to ask me one simple question, after that he waited 9 days to call me back just to keep asking same questions, I felt that he was just trying to delay my process so I can loose the opportunity to get the unit, well I proceed to report him with hpd and hdc, letting them know my concern about the agent that was working on my case, I tell them everything and the agent call me next day, asking me for the same question he asked me before, also the building manager send me an email to view the Unit which I did and I replied to her email accepting the apartment, after that she stop replying to my emails, that moment I knew they was trying delay my process so I can loose the unit, last thing happens is that he keep insisting on previews job direct deposit, I explained him that I'm not longer working for those employees that my only employees was dadada, and the only income source I have was the one I only have 3 months working which I do qualify for the unit because the unit income requirement start from 34k to 49k and I'm in the middle, the 1 bedroom apartment is on those ranges, well short story he made get a letter from employees I send it to him, well he decide that the letter it's not sufficient that my boss needs to explain how many weeks I work and how much I would make year if I work full year, I send him the new letter from my boss explaining all that, last question I ask him his name and last name and extension number, well he stopped replying to me, oh another thing I didn't mention is they always tried to contact me by phone so they can say they asked me fort documents and they didn't receive it, I told them that I want them to ask me all the questions by email because I wanted to have proof of my process they feel some type of way and they stopped talking to me. They didn't even told me if they send my application for review or if there's anything missing, my guess is that they doing all this to just slow down the process so I can loose the unit and my question is should I call hpd or hdc, and let them know that this people are not working the way they should, I'm scared to loose the unit because I know 2 people who got this type of unit not same building of course by paying under he table and the other one got a unit because they know the agent or the building manager so they slow down applications process to give it to someone else. I don't trust this agent and manager they haven't update the apartment on housing connect website since 12/13/2023 I guess, it doesn't even said have many unit are remaining, everything is like they hiding and doing whatever they want to I'm so tired about this type of people that make other struggle even knowing that you qualify. I don't even know why they are not supervised by someone who follow the rules because clearly this is not the correct way. they can say later that they haven't contacted me about because there's so much application and could be true but why if I'm no the same page waiting for a response at least let people know if they done sending docs or your application has been send it for review

why would they make me view the apartment and them keep asking me for more documentation and then when you asked them their names and extension number they disappear. so yea guys this is how affordable this apartment are the struggle is deep and they just don't care about all the effort you put on this process.

Last edited by Jeliasfernandez; 02-08-2024 at 09:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2024, 09:03 AM

144 posts, read 80,660 times
Hey, can you report this to the media like 7 On Your Side?
Maybe the Manhattan District Attorney, or NYC Department of Investigation?
Is the development a secret?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeliasfernandez View Post
... I'm scared to loose the unit because I know 2 people who got this unit by paying under he table and the other one got a unit because they know the agent or the building manager so they slow down application process to give it to someone else.

Old 02-08-2024, 09:49 AM

40 posts, read 38,893 times
Which marketing agency is this? Just so others can be warned about them

Old 02-08-2024, 02:39 PM

193 posts, read 104,138 times
i hope this isnt reside NYC

Old 02-08-2024, 07:24 PM

5 posts, read 2,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeentt View Post
i hope this isnt reside NYC
It's is New York Bronx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery