Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 12:39 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,025,153 times

Advertisements

.... and mine is 29,XXX - I have a snowball's chance on a warm June 29th hot new york city day

But I don't care, as I have no desire to live in Astoria. No offense to anyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 01:19 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,912,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
.... and mine is 29,XXX - I have a snowball's chance on a warm June 29th hot new york city day

Astoria is a much better location then like, 90% of where all those other Affordable Apartments are located.

I would take it in a heartbeat.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:06 PM

107 posts, read 85,488 times
O, Stormgal, though it may initially seem like it, that's really not a bad log number! Too bad you're not more excited about the possibility of living there. I'm not at all offended by your dislike of Astoria - just puzzled by it. Perhaps if you are actually contacted and approved, you may not mind living there so much after all? At any rate, the fact that you are applying for these lottery apartments shows that you have a desire to get into one of them, so much success to you, whatever way it goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post

Old 06-29-2016, 05:04 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,854,441 times
60,xxx here for this buildings lottery.. LMFAO. I've applied to four others I fit the criteria for.. can't wait to see those numbers when they pop up. What a joke. Honestly I blame a lot of the pro-gentrification breadknot blogs for promoting the hell out of all these lotteries. Yay, so all the precious little Rebecca and Josh's who now reside in the city from upper middle class families all over the country who make really low pay in their vanity careers (yet still receive handouts under the table from their parents through the transcontinental umbilical cord) have a shot at these subsidized apartments.

B
A
R
F

Old 06-29-2016, 08:27 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,032,115 times
47,xxx - yeah, no chance on this one.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:29 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,879,032 times
i got a good log # for this one too, but i'm not gonna go through with it, if picked

Old 06-29-2016, 09:12 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,025,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Astoria is a much better location then like, 90% of where all those other Affordable Apartments are located.

Thing is that I'm living in Manhattan and paying little rent as I got my apartment when I was a kid and it's rent stabilized. I have nothing against astoria but would prefer to stay in Manhattan or downtown Brooklyn. Of course if they call me for an interview I'd look at the apartment etc. I'd prefer new construction over old Manhattan rent stabilized buildings.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:21 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,147,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post

There are tons of affordable housing units, downtown brooklyn and Williamsburg (some LIC). I think thats where most of the new construction with affordable units is being done now. I would prefer Downtown BK, vast transit options and amenities. Astoria is kind of more family orientated and asian populated.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:53 PM

126 posts, read 214,136 times
Astoria is an amazing location but I don't blame you stormgal, I got lucky lowest number i've gotten thus far...15,xxx. I also live in Astoria so I will have CB preference

Old 06-30-2016, 06:36 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,942,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
There are tons of affordable housing units, downtown brooklyn and Williamsburg (some LIC). I think thats where most of the new construction with affordable units is being done now. I would prefer Downtown BK, vast transit options and amenities. Astoria is kind of more family orientated and asian populated.
I didn't notice a large Asian in Astoria population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery