Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 07:36 PM

274 posts, read 485,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBabies View Post
Congrats girl!!!!! It's so roomy! I like it. It's a blessing indeed. I hope we all get approved soon and see our units. Is the building almost done? Did you see the laundry room? And the terrace?
I don't think it is. Lol Lobby is still very much in process. Didn't get to see any other floor other than the lobby and my floor.

I saw the terrace when I looked up before heading into the building because it's on the 2nd floor- super low. I do wonder if the ppl living on the second floor will be able to hear all the noise when ppl are using the terrace. Guess we'll see this summer lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 07:56 PM

351 posts, read 502,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
I don't think it is. Lol Lobby is still very much in process. Didn't get to see any other floor other than the lobby and my floor.

I saw the terrace when I looked up before heading into the building because it's on the 2nd floor- super low. I do wonder if the ppl living on the second floor will be able to hear all the noise when ppl are using the terrace. Guess we'll see this summer lol
So hope you don't mind but what floor did you end up getting? Also is it depending on what income bracket you are in what determines what floor you get?

Old 03-23-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylouheras2 View Post
So hope you don't mind but what floor did you end up getting? Also is it depending on what income bracket you are in what determines what floor you get?
I'll PM you

Old 03-24-2017, 07:20 AM

132 posts, read 121,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
I'll PM you
Good Morning Larthur,

I have 2 question, when the city approve you application how did they contact you by email or phone and also how did they contact you to see the apartment.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:25 AM

965 posts, read 1,115,187 times
Default Apartment Pictures

I'm really hoping the pics don't come out super duper huge! Haha.
Apparently my line in the building was a bit bigger, than the others. Either way, that's definitely enough space for me!

I sign the lease on March 31st!
Attached Thumbnails
Crossroads II Plaza and Brook Ave Mott Haven Housing Lottery-img_0053.jpg   Crossroads II Plaza and Brook Ave Mott Haven Housing Lottery-img_0054.jpg   Crossroads II Plaza and Brook Ave Mott Haven Housing Lottery-img_0055.jpg   Crossroads II Plaza and Brook Ave Mott Haven Housing Lottery-img_0056.jpg   Crossroads II Plaza and Brook Ave Mott Haven Housing Lottery-img_0057.jpg  

Old 03-24-2017, 08:32 AM

351 posts, read 502,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
Apparently my line in the building was a bit bigger, than the others. Either way, that's definitely enough space for me!

OMG God bless!!! How do you feel??? I'm so happy for you!!! Love it

Old 03-24-2017, 08:46 AM

965 posts, read 1,115,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylouheras2 View Post
OMG God bless!!! How do you feel??? I'm so happy for you!!! Love it
I tried not to cry at viewing. lololol.

I'm an emotional person. Smh. When I stepped in, all I could say was wow. The guy couldn't disclose an actual number of applicants but said it was in the very high tens of thousands.

It's a beautiful unit, I have enough space to entertain quite a few people at the time, and when I'm tired of them I can retreat to my private quarters, and they can let their selves out. Haha.

I would have to kick them out if I took the Studio!

Old 03-24-2017, 09:13 AM

111 posts, read 227,358 times
Quote:

wow!! that's a lot more space than you'd have in a luxe affordable building, so Congrats! Awww you're all set. Good luck with the moving haha... Your process was one of the quickest ever...

Old 03-24-2017, 09:32 AM

132 posts, read 121,688 times
Quote:

Congratulations on your new apartment I wish you the best. it looks really nice. love it.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:

Absolutely beautiful!!! I love your dark countertops compared to mine. Shows less dirt lolll

Congrats!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery