Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 09:55 AM

274 posts, read 485,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakyky19 View Post
Good Morning Larthur,

I have 2 question, when the city approve you application how did they contact you by email or phone and also how did they contact you to see the apartment.
Morning! Everything is by phone. Clinton management will call to schedule a viewing. Wavecrest calls to approve you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 10:00 AM

965 posts, read 1,114,874 times
Thanks everyone. I'd be even happier once more people from this thread get approved as well.
I haven't heard from Zina, but I think she's also awaiting approval for Brook. Everyone here seems to be waiting for Crossroad. Will have to take the bus to visit. lolol

Old 03-24-2017, 10:16 AM

351 posts, read 502,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadeonHD4250 View Post
I tried not to cry at viewing. lololol.

I'm an emotional person. Smh. When I stepped in, all I could say was wow. The guy couldn't disclose an actual number of applicants but said it was in the very high tens of thousands.

It's a beautiful unit, I have enough space to entertain quite a few people at the time, and when I'm tired of them I can retreat to my private quarters, and they can let their selves out. Haha.

I would have to kick them out if I took the Studio!
lol..... I like that! Me too i'm emotional too and I know I am going to cry once I get the news!!! oh well crying is good for the soul! lol

Old 03-24-2017, 10:20 AM

132 posts, read 121,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larthur706 View Post
Morning! Everything is by phone. Clinton management will call to schedule a viewing. Wavecrest calls to approve you.
Thank you so much. I hope they call me and if they do I don't want to miss their calls.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakyky19 View Post
Thank you so much. I hope they call me and if they do I don't want to miss their calls.
Make sure you have your ringer on! If you have the number, give it a custom ringtone so you KNOW without even looking at your phone!

Old 03-24-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Thanks everyone. I'd be even happier once more people from this thread get approved as well.
I haven't heard from Zina, but I think she's also awaiting approval for Brook. Everyone here seems to be waiting for Crossroad. Will have to take the bus to visit. lolol
Thank you for you good wishes to us. I hope we all hear from them soon good news.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Make sure you have your ringer on! If you have the number, give it a custom ringtone so you KNOW without even looking at your phone!
Is funny you say that cause I stored their number in my phone.... lol

Old 03-24-2017, 10:39 AM

I emailed them both this morning..... For the one in in Crossroad he said that my application is in process and I would just have to wait to be contacted. For the Summit Ridge one she said HDC usually takes about 2 weeks, so they won't have any news until then and as soon as I am approved they would contact me immediately. Anyone ever heard on any thread if they ever between 2 approvals but wanted the one that wasn't in HDC yet and what to do in situation like that. I've asked before but still confused and management don't seem to wanna answer that????? What to do?

I'm just going to leave it in God hands like I have been doing and stop over stressing it. but still need advice... SMH I'm too much!

Old 03-24-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I only have Nathalie's phone number and she is not my coordinator. . I know I wont miss their call if they do call me. I just hope they call lol.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylouheras2 View Post
I emailed them both this morning..... For the one in in Crossroad he said that my application is in process and I would just have to wait to be contacted. For the Summit Ridge one she said HDC usually takes about 2 weeks, so they won't have any news until then and as soon as I am approved they would contact me immediately. Anyone ever heard on any thread if they ever between 2 approvals but wanted the one that wasn't in HDC yet and what to do in situation like that. I've asked before but still confused and management don't seem to wanna answer that????? What to do?

I'm just going to leave it in God hands like I have been doing and stop over stressing it. but still need advice... SMH I'm too much!

In that case, just go for the one you really want more. Once you actually see the units you could be assigned to, you can make your decision from there. At the end of the day, you don't have to take the one you don't want; and don't feel bad about it. There are loads of other people who will take the one you don't want if it ultimately comes down to "which one should I take."

It's still a bit of a process to get to that state though. You have to become approved, and from there they'd have to set up a date for your apartment inspection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery