Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 03:14 PM
PQM PQM started this thread

93 posts, read 233,541 times

Advertisements

Live Along Clinton Hill’s Bustling Myrtle Avenue for $735/month; Lottery Open for 29 Units!
December 2, 2016

Quote:
The stretch of Myrtle Avenue in Clinton Hill between Hall Street and Classon Avenue, just across from Pratt Institute, is bustling with construction activity. As CityRealty recently reported, three mixed-used projects are in development along the street– condo 525 Myrtle Avenue, the recently opened rental 490 Myrtle Avenue, and the soon-to-open rental 531 Myrtle Avenue–and between these projects will be a pedestrian plaza with streetscape improvements, seating areas, and trees. The latest to join the list is 504 Myrtle Avenue, a 143-unit rental with ground-floor retail that’s rising on the former Pratt Station Post Office. Twenty-nine of its units are now available through the city’s affordable housing lottery, and they include 10 $735/month studios, 12 $741/month one-bedrooms, and seven $888/month two-bedrooms reserved for individuals earning less than 60 percent of the area media income.

More info and images in the post here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 05:52 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
nope. the commute from there into manhattan is treacherous. no sir, no mam. no wesson, no pam.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:14 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
All I see is moral of the story!? Don't bother putting yourself through college. Just work at Wendy's and have a kid or three and you too will get a swanky apartment in a luxury building.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:52 PM

416 posts, read 247,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
All I see is moral of the story!? Don't bother putting yourself through college. Just work at Wendy's and have a kid or three and you too will get a swanky apartment in a luxury building.
You looking for a roommate?

Old 07-14-2017, 12:06 PM

24 posts, read 18,888 times
I did my application online thru NYC Housing Connect on 4/13/2015 and my log # is 1,174 and the Status still says Tenant Selection in Progress. How long does it takes to get an interview?

Old 07-25-2017, 07:39 PM

64 posts, read 59,820 times
Quote:
Pretty much. The middle class gets overlooked although we can't afford NYC either.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:42 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
The area sucks. U know how many subways you gotta take to manhattan? Nooope

Old 07-25-2017, 07:46 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
See the new bill that came out from DeBlasio and the city TODAY about where these apartments are actually going to go versus where they were originally supposed to go. INSANE with all those tax breaks these developers got in the last 5 years saying they would create TRUE middle class housing and now we've been bamboozled and it's all going to SUPER LOW INCOME and the Homeless. nothing against the homeless, but honestly it's the lower middle class that are having the worst time in this city. We can no longer afford rents on studios because they raised the cap for section 8 to 1500 a month for STUDIOS! so now it's impossible to find studio apartments even in ****ty areas for less than that and now these supposed tax payer subsidized apartments that were supposed to help MIDDLE INCOME people are snatched from us.

Thanks, NYC. thanks.

Old 01-26-2024, 11:13 PM

15 posts, read 6,243 times
Default Say you’re sore

Quote:
I wonder why when people are losers at life…they lash out at those of us who have children. If you think we somehow have compromised integrity, worth, or entitlement because our wombs work…well guess what. You’re here seeking affordable housing just like us! So your choices were equally poor or lacking. And if you’re so much smarter and worked so much harder (because surely no mother ever graduated from college), go get a market rate apartment and stop blaming everyone else.

Old 01-29-2024, 05:35 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:

Some love to live life as Pacific Bluefin Tuna other love to live life as sardines in a can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: