Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 04:03 AM

107,289 posts, read 109,648,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
I am sure you must feel good picking on an elderly lady and telling her what's up.

You seems like the type that counts every penny. I bet the ladies must love you taking them to McDonalds or Starbucks on the first date.
Or the Denny grand slam breakfast after ha ha ha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 04:14 AM

16,237 posts, read 6,988,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Because interest rates are held artificially LOW by the FED to stimulate stock and real estate price increases, there is a need to put the money SOMEWHERE. It must be in stocks or real estate. Until it all goes POOF.

Yes...Money....Tons of borrowed money....used to screw the next generation
by putting real estate out of reach once and for all. Sad.Sad. Sad.
Shame on you leveraging flippers. Karma .Karma.Karma..................

Old 11-07-2018, 04:38 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,704,026 times
The only people more evil than house flippers as far as I am concerned are those who vote to take Mitchell Lamas private. They are both bottom of the barrel evil.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:42 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,634,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Yes...Money....Tons of borrowed money....used to screw the next generation
by putting real estate out of reach once and for all. Sad.Sad. Sad.
Shame on you leveraging flippers. Karma .Karma.Karma..................
I want to live in a world where real estate isn't viewed as an investment

Old 11-07-2018, 02:20 PM

32,080 posts, read 27,318,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
Well then you'd better start looking for another planet or something, because persons, corporations or whatever have been buying real estate for investment purposes for hundreds of years.

Outside of some sort of natural disaster land isn't going anyplace, nor are they making more of it. Well there is landfill but we're not on that right now.

As such one of the more reliable ways to earn money in long run is to own land. It may not play out well for first generation but or even second. But in the long run owning land is one of the safest investments and or ways to build wealth going.

One of the main reasons people came flooding into the USA from Europe was a chance to own their own land. Something almost nearly impossible for much of that place. What wasn't owned by royalty or the nobility had long been snatched up by someone else.

Proof of this can be found in Trinity Church located in lower Manhattan. They are one of the largest landholders in NYC (using grants largely given out by royalty), which has made them *very* wealthy.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:22 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,625,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post

That be some commie talk there!

Old 11-07-2018, 03:40 PM

1,486 posts, read 1,001,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
The only people more evil than house flippers as far as I am concerned are those who vote to take Mitchell Lamas private. They are both bottom of the barrel evil.
Thank the baby boomers who got the ML when they were in need of it now they want to go private and sell it for 10 times the price they paid then take all the money and run down to Florida to retire. Those selfish old wrinkle face a$$holes!!

Old 11-07-2018, 03:47 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,704,026 times
Biiiiiiiig ******* move to do that. **** them for real.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:24 AM

319 posts, read 402,929 times
i got 10 emails from 2300 dollars+ apt
why would i pay that much for studio or one bedroom
and my logs for these are usually low like 200+
fk you devs, hope you never fill them out

Old 11-08-2018, 08:45 AM

804 posts, read 551,213 times
It depends on location and usage. See people who want these expensive places have the logic of using them.

You have people building mansions and housing in no-name states that can only be accessed by cars. They live inside of a tiny little studio no room apartment while they are working and divide the spaces with three or four people. That is why
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery