Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 06:55 PM

11 posts, read 17,325 times

Advertisements

Yes you do l, i believe for any type of housing lottery ypu have to recertify every year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 08:37 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo77 View Post
Yes you do l, i believe for any type of housing lottery ypu have to recertify every year.
This is actually incorrect - definitely building specific.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:06 PM

So is being pregnant affect anything on the process? If the pregnancy happened after the application, should they be notified ? Or it does not change anything?

Old 03-27-2019, 09:13 AM

17 posts, read 27,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchowchow View Post
Do we have to recertify every year for this building?
I was told, and it's in the lease you must recertify every year here.

Old 03-27-2019, 10:18 AM

5 posts, read 7,365 times
I went to go see the 2 bedroom 130% last week, and I was quite disappointed. It is true the affordable apartments are nowhere near the models they advertise for the market rentals. They only have one bathroom and the bedrooms are very small maybe 9x10. The kitchen is nice, but living area is quite small also. Location is great if you have kids. But no trains near. If you have a car parking is $400/month approximately. Disappointed. Can someone let me know if the 160% are bigger? Just wondering.

Old 03-27-2019, 01:35 PM

But isnt that against the law to have different sizes and styles of apartment for the housing lottery, arent they all suppose to be the same?.

Old 03-27-2019, 02:30 PM

5 posts, read 7,365 times
I don’t know, but the sizes of both rooms were 9x 11 the most. They were both exactly the same. Living are is so small. I asked some friends that work real state finance and they say that no it’s not illegal for floorplants to look different or have less desirable “cheaper” finishes.

Old 03-27-2019, 03:20 PM

Damn and of course they will reserve that for the lottery applicants somehow. So you fid not proceed with the 2 bedrooms?.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:15 PM

1,486 posts, read 990,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchowchow View Post
I went to go see the 2 bedroom 130% last week, and I was quite disappointed. It is true the affordable apartments are nowhere near the models they advertise for the market rentals. They only have one bathroom and the bedrooms are very small maybe 9x10. The kitchen is nice, but living area is quite small also. Location is great if you have kids. But no trains near. If you have a car parking is $400/month approximately. Disappointed. Can someone let me know if the 160% are bigger? Just wondering.
That's the norm, 2 bedroom 1 bathroom. When it becomes 3 bedroom then its a 3 bedroom 1 and a 1/2 bathroom. Depending on when the building was build they could have made the affordable apartments smaller before they started forcing the buildings to mix the affordable units in with the market rate units. When they started the affordable units were on the lowest floors possible with cheaper appliances but now they are mixed in so no one knows what units are the affordable ones.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:46 AM

So you are saying that maybe someone with the housing lottery can get the good apartment like the 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom? Because thats whats advertised online tgat the 2 bedrooms come with 2 bathrooms. But someone in this forum said that when they went to see the bldg, they have been told that the apts for the housing lottery are different than the ones showed online. I see that some people in this forum are willing to pay over 3000 for a 1 or 2 bedroom, why not just look for a regular apartment where with a price like that you can get your parking garage, backyard etc a full house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery