Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 02:53 PM

35 posts, read 42,456 times

Advertisements

I just got my Log number for the Lyric building on 255 W 94th St, New York. I'm very excited since its a building I'm super interested in and really hope I can get it especially for the price they have the studios listed on. I thought it wouldn't hurt to make a post here seeing what other people who might have applied is going through or if anyone has any advice since I'm still new to the whole process and this is the first log number I've ever gotten.

I know these things are a super long shot that take years for anything to come into fruition, I ended up getting a Log number of 100xx, which I'm not sure is good or not? but hey I'm grateful with what I got. what does this number mean? is it like there are ten thousand other people in front of me in the line!? haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 03:13 PM

77 posts, read 93,894 times
when this building posted for application? I didnt see the advertisement. still accepting application? if so, please share the link. thanks

Old 04-15-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefamily View Post
when this building posted for application? I didnt see the advertisement. still accepting application? if so, please share the link. thanks
I'm so sorry the application deadline was the end of March I believe. I had applied a couple of months ago when I first saw it.

I didn't find this listing very easily actually, it wasn't on any of the major websites like housing connect, only place I saw it on was HDC? site if I remember correctly as a PDF flyer (before the change that seemed to have happened this month) now it looks like the site only redirects you to the housing connect website which is kinda bleh honestly and doesn't have all the availabilities honestly it seems.

It really is a nice building I'm surprised there wasn't much talk about it when I first came on to this forum. I guess bc it was so obfuscated?

Old 04-15-2021, 07:16 PM

77 posts, read 93,894 times
I see. Thank you for the info though. Hope they reach your number soon

Old 04-16-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefamily View Post
I see. Thank you for the info though. Hope they reach your number soon
yeah I hope so but obviously I'm not gonna hold my breath or anything. but here's hoping, I'd do just about anything to get this apartment haha. I know some people get lucky but honestly I don't think that'll be me.

Old 04-18-2021, 10:24 AM

26 posts, read 20,195 times
I applied for my mom. Her log # is 9xxx for the waiting list. This building would be perfect for her and it's in a great area. Fingers crossed

Old 04-18-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna_NYC View Post
I applied for my mom. Her log # is 9xxx for the waiting list. This building would be perfect for her and it's in a great area. Fingers crossed
Thats great! very nice of you to help her out. yeah I would love to get in and I wish her the best of luck too! it really does look like an awesome location especially for the price. Let me know if anything comes up about it

Old 04-19-2021, 03:07 PM

79 posts, read 66,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandrotejeda View Post
I just got my Log number for the Lyric building on 255 W 94th St, New York. I'm very excited since its a building I'm super interested in and really hope I can get it especially for the price they have the studios listed on. I thought it wouldn't hurt to make a post here seeing what other people who might have applied is going through or if anyone has any advice since I'm still new to the whole process and this is the first log number I've ever gotten.

I know these things are a super long shot that take years for anything to come into fruition, I ended up getting a Log number of 100xx, which I'm not sure is good or not? but hey I'm grateful with what I got. what does this number mean? is it like there are ten thousand other people in front of me in the line!? haha
Just got my log number as well - 9,xxx! Hoping there aren't 9,000 people in front ... but wouldn't be surprised if that was the case!

Old 04-20-2021, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlane11 View Post
Just got my log number as well - 9,xxx! Hoping there aren't 9,000 people in front ... but wouldn't be surprised if that was the case!
Well I don’t know about that lol but from what I know there are at least two people in front of me in line haha. I had emailed the office and all they told me is that the number doesn’t correspond necessarily for your position in a waitlist. And even if you’re really behind on the line there’s tons of people that apply that don’t qualify or when their time comes decide they don’t want the apartment etc. so who knows the real waitlist might be a lot shorter than it is really is.

Old 05-17-2021, 02:03 PM

Has anyone heard anything new about the location? I wonder if all the slots have already been filled and with the waiting list being as long as it is how long I’ll have to hold out for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery