Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2022, 12:19 AM

504 posts, read 461,422 times

Advertisements

Wait you’re not CB and you got called ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 07:58 AM

24 posts, read 27,103 times
I think he meant he hasn’t been called yet and is wondering when he will. I’m gauging this from reading the previous posts conversation.
So I think so far only CB is being processed. As of right now (correct me if I’m wrong) the highest CB log that has been contacted is a 2,xxx log number.

Old 11-10-2022, 02:33 PM

19 posts, read 26,810 times
Talked to a receptionist with the marketing argent she said that they have interns working so this could explain the lack of response slow progress. and also 100% AMI units are on hold as they’re not move in ready. Can confirm this building has a ton of construction happening still.

Old 11-10-2022, 02:55 PM

105 posts, read 88,896 times
Well there goes my hope of being contacted before the end of the year Hopefully I will before February at least…

Old 11-11-2022, 04:56 AM

19 posts, read 26,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantmom View Post
Well there goes my hope of being contacted before the end of the year Hopefully I will before February at least…
It's possible dependent on your log number, I believe the units are ready but the building itself isn't.. like the you aren't allows to certain floors and ect. Which leads me to another question: Do different AMIs get different units?

Old 11-12-2022, 06:44 PM

5 posts, read 8,490 times
Hey everyone just found this forum. My log number is 83XX , 100% AMI, no CB preference, 2 person household. Really hoping I get called for this one. I had CB preference for 232 E54th street earlier this year and got picked to submit documents, boy is it heartbreaking when they don't pick you!

Old 11-12-2022, 08:02 PM

399 posts, read 376,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsdoa View Post
Hey everyone just found this forum. My log number is 83XX , 100% AMI, no CB preference, 2 person household. Really hoping I get called for this one. I had CB preference for 232 E54th street earlier this year and got picked to submit documents, boy is it heartbreaking when they don't pick you!
I feel like you'll have a shot for this one with you log. It is a pretty big building and they have more than 100 units for non-pref applicants. Do you mind if I ask what log number you had for 232 E54th street and how long it took them to contact you after the lottery closed?

Btw, we have a spreadsheet for 601 W 29th Street just for us to track the processing. If you don't mind you can add yours to the spreadsheet too. Thought it would be helpful for us to see how fast/slow things are moving.

Old 11-13-2022, 09:29 PM

11 posts, read 13,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
Hope you still get a chance to resubmit. Do you mind sharing your log# and do you have any prefs?

We have a spreadsheet here to help us track their moving process:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Nn8hrKBtY/edit

Thank you!

Sure My log number is 4,XXX. I live 20 blocks from so I assume I have CB pref. From my research it looks like I will be able to submit documents once the contact me. In the meantime Im getting everything together and praying

Old 11-13-2022, 11:55 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,458,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C56G View Post
Sure My log number is 4,XXX. I live 20 blocks from so I assume I have CB pref. From my research it looks like I will be able to submit documents once the contact me. In the meantime Im getting everything together and praying
20 blocks could very well be a different CB, heck, 1 block can be if you're right on the line. You can check your CB (and the building's to compare) here: http://maps.nyc.gov/doitt/nycitymap/

Old 11-14-2022, 06:38 AM

2,034 posts, read 1,650,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
20 blocks could very well be a different CB, heck, 1 block can be if you're right on the line. You can check your CB (and the building's to compare) here: NYCityMap • DoITT • City-Wide GIS
Are both north and south sides of W14th st included? I don’t know those details. Indeed, C56G why assume? Get the facts. There is a place on NYC .gov that lets you search your address. Also, it’s in your HC2 profile someplace. As I recall, Manhattan CBs in the profile are written with a 10 in front of it so CB 4 is CB 104.

Basically, the CB4 boarders are W59th St, the Hudson River, down to W14th St up to Sixth Ave then at W26th St over to Eighth Ave up to Columbus Circle. With a single block of W60th included.

If you were wondering, I agree with many posters that 50% CB preference is for entire building, not for each unit size, and or AMI category. If so, then it’s not 50% of the 1 bed units at 130% AMI that get the CB preference it’s 50% of all the units. An applicant with CB pref has to hope that when their Log# is called there is a unit remaining that meets their qualifications.

Good luck.

Map:
https://www1.nyc.gov/html/mancb4/htm...district.shtml
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery