Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 04:39 PM

6,682 posts, read 6,026,463 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had the experience of being asked to submit documents but not hearing from the managing agent for over a month or ever at all? What was the longest you’ve waited or did you finally give up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2022, 04:42 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,440,989 times
If you want the building, never give up until you've been rejected and exhausted all appeal options. I follow up relentlessly after about 2 weeks max from the initial submission and contact HPD if I have had significant trouble reaching the agency. HPD has assisted me in the past by reaching out directly to an agency for me when I couldn't reach them and I got a response within a day after that.

Old 06-23-2022, 09:20 PM

11 posts, read 8,955 times
Absolutely. I was asked to submit docs in December for lottery 1 and March for lottery 2. Lottery 1 then contacted me again in March for another set of documents and I didn't hear back from them again until last week (June) to finally be told my AMI and asked whether I wanted a studio or one bedroom. I stated my preference and they told me there's 10 people ahead of me so still waiting for final approvals and move-in. Lottery 2 has not contacted me at all since March.

Old 06-30-2022, 09:29 AM

125 posts, read 135,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Has anyone had the experience of being asked to submit documents but not hearing from the managing agent for over a month or ever at all? What was the longest you’ve waited or did you finally give up?
Hey so I was contacted to submit my documents a month ago and they told me the review process should take about 8-10 weeks. I also contacted them recently just to find out the status of my app and they told me that they have to process the lower log numbers first so I’m just waiting for them to reach my log num. I hope they get my app processing soon because my current lease ends in September. I’m Just praying everything goes well.

Old 06-30-2022, 10:06 AM

644 posts, read 734,256 times
Just because you are asked to submit documents doesn't mean you will be contacted again for more documents or viewing an unit, even if you qualify. They ask a lot more people for documents than apartments available. Some buildings can take even a year to fully fill out the units.

Old 06-30-2022, 10:49 AM

6,682 posts, read 6,026,463 times
Funny how right after I wrote this thread the agency contacted me to submit more documents. So for all of you reading here, hang in there!

Old 07-01-2022, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
Just because you are asked to submit documents doesn't mean you will be contacted again for more documents or viewing an unit, even if you qualify. They ask a lot more people for documents than apartments available. Some buildings can take even a year to fully fill out the units.
Well I have CB preference and my log number isn’t too high and it’s a brand new building with about 250 apartments available so I’m pretty sure I’ll be contacted soon.

Old 07-01-2022, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Funny how right after I wrote this thread the agency contacted me to submit more documents. So for all of you reading here, hang in there!
Congrats! Things will work out for you, just have to be patient and trust the process. I’ve also submitted documents recently and I’m just waiting to hear back from them for the next step.

Old 07-01-2022, 06:51 AM

644 posts, read 734,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycgirl91 View Post
Well I have CB preference and my log number isn’t too high and it’s a brand new building with about 250 apartments available so I’m pretty sure I’ll be contacted soon.
Oh well that changes everything hahha

Old 07-28-2022, 12:38 PM

28 posts, read 24,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
If you want the building, never give up until you've been rejected and exhausted all appeal options. I follow up relentlessly after about 2 weeks max from the initial submission and contact HPD if I have had significant trouble reaching the agency. HPD has assisted me in the past by reaching out directly to an agency for me when I couldn't reach them and I got a response within a day after that.
Hi, do you have a specific number where I call and speak to an actual HPD representative? I tried calling 212-863-7990 and 212-863-6300. They both keep sending me to their voicemails and no actual person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery