Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 09:40 PM

34 posts, read 37,793 times

Advertisements

- Honestly don't apply or live here. This building is overpriced and all the amenities cost extra. Which can be an extra grand per month.
- The apartments are very small. You can barley fit a queen size bed in them.
- Hallway corridor are all black (Wall Paper, carpet, baseboards, ceiling and doors).
- You're next to FIT but the neighborhood is still filled with homeless.
- People have already started to move in as of April 1st but construction is still going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 12:01 AM

31,897 posts, read 26,945,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssme View Post
- Honestly don't apply or live here. This building is overpriced and all the amenities cost extra. Which can be an extra grand per month.
- Hallway corridor are all black (Wall Paper, carpet, baseboards, ceiling and doors).
- People have already started to move in as of April 1st but construction is still going on.
That part of Chelsea has been sketchy as eff for years, hence reason FIT campus on 27th between 7th and 8th is pretty much on lock-down and or has huge security presence. But you've also got that XXX sex shop at 27th and 8th.

Truth to tell 8th avenue from high twenties to Penn Station also has been suspect for years as well. Drug addicts, homeless, and so forth; basically everything you see near or around Penn Station area.

Things got worse for that part of Chelsea during past covid panic as city moved tons of homeless into the many hotels in area from Sixth to Eighth avenues.

Still all and all area cannot be that bad. Penn South still has a huge waiting list, there are new buildings in area with more to come soon.

Old 04-03-2023, 02:29 PM

46 posts, read 54,883 times
How do you know have you been inside? The floor plans all look like they are decent size (Walk in closets at least which I haven't seen from other buildings)

Old 04-03-2023, 07:06 PM

Quote:
How do you know have you been inside? The floor plans all look like they are decent size (Walk in closets at least which I haven't seen from other buildings)

Old 04-04-2023, 02:16 AM

34 posts, read 37,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky3906 View Post
I know someone who works inside the building.

Old 04-04-2023, 04:16 AM

Quote:
I know someone who works inside the building.
Not for nothing but "knowing someone who works" in a building is not same as those living or wishing to, the latter may have a totally different view.

Old 04-04-2023, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,507 times
I'm pretty new at this and am wondering

What would be a decent Log number to even have a chance at the 1 BR or Studio apartments?

Last edited by Gonzon; 04-04-2023 at 02:41 PM..

Old 04-04-2023, 04:52 PM

That part of West 28th has upped its game in past few years. From Seventh down going west to Eighth there are two or three new residential buildings including "The Ruby".

215 West 28 (The Maverick) is one I like.

https://streeteasy.com/building/maverick-condominium

Old 04-04-2023, 09:33 PM

I work in the area so not commuting 1 hr from Brooklyn every day would be a huge life change. I wish they didn't have the CB preference

Old 04-04-2023, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky3906 View Post
I work in the area so not commuting 1 hr from Brooklyn every day would be a huge life change. I wish they didn't have the CB preference
CB preference is usually only way to get local council members to support these "affordable" or "low income" housing developments in their area. Especially when it comes to replacing RS units that may have been lost when previous building or buildings were torn down for redevelopment.

It goes both ways however.

People in Harlem, Bronx and certain areas of Brooklyn want CB preference because they want to see locals (as opposed to outsiders) get those new apartments.

OTHO others in those same areas and elsewhere from same demographics want chances to move into better areas such as Manhattan below Harlem. They and their supporters want city to do away with CB preferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery