Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 02:29 PM

145 posts, read 412,550 times

Advertisements

I am in a real incense stick burning mood and I am reaching the end of an old old old packet (I cannot remember where I got it from) and I got to thinking where to buy some good incense sticks...

I figured Chinatown is a bit of a no brainer - is there a really good place there that any one can recommend?
Is there somewhere else?

I realize this is a bit bizarre but I just cannot face traipsing in and out of shops looking for good ones. I don't really have the time either!

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 06:28 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,292,476 times
Go to Madina on 4th Ave & Atlantic in downtown Brooklyn. It's a fragrance store owned by some Muslim brothers from Pakistan, I think. They mostly deal with suppliers so they tend to have items for sale in bulk, but the general public shops there too so you can buy individual packets or whatever. They got tons of flavors, Frankiscence, Blue Nile, Egyptian Musk, Black Love, Lick me all over, Somali Rose...Last time I was there, they had at least 20-30 different packets. Each packet comes with 20 sticks I believe, but could be more, could be less. I'm a incense/oil dude myself, so I know the stuggle of finding some good smelling sh*t, lol. Here's the address:

568 Atlantic Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11217-1914

There's also another I go to occasionally called Nubian Heritage. It's right off Fulton & Flatbush across the street from the Dollar store. They got some nice stuff too, plus they make their own flavors of incense so if you're looking for something more "exotic" you could mess with them. Pretty much Atlantic Ave from Hoyt to Flatbush and Fulton St Mall are gonna have all the incense spots.

Hope that helps

EDIT: Oh, Madina's is closed on Sunday's btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City