Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2007, 06:32 AM

214 posts, read 1,004,990 times

Advertisements

I would be moving in late July or early August to the Hudson Valley for a job in Hopewell Junction/East Fishkill and I am quite excited. I am 25, not married, and professional, and would like to be around people in the same boat. I am looking to rent for a year or so, then maybe buying later on.

My ideal place would be within 30 minutes driving distance of IBM's East Fishkill plant, walking distance or maximum 10 minute drive to a Metro North station and several restaurants and shops. Please give me an idea of the good places that roughly fit this, or bad areas to totally stay away from.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 08:21 AM

348 posts, read 1,360,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-of-nowhere View Post
I would be moving in late July or early August to the Hudson Valley for a job in Hopewell Junction/East Fishkill and I am quite excited. I am 25, not married, and professional, and would like to be around people in the same boat. I am looking to rent for a year or so, then maybe buying later on.

My ideal place would be within 30 minutes driving distance of IBM's East Fishkill plant, walking distance or maximum 10 minute drive to a Metro North station and several restaurants and shops. Please give me an idea of the good places that roughly fit this, or bad areas to totally stay away from.

Thanks!
You want to stay out of the city of Poughkeepsie.
Working in East Fishkill, you could try the Village of Fishkill (very cute) or Beacon has come a long way. I grew up in Beacon and have seen the changes. Main Street now has cute shops and restaurants (Piggy Bank-yummy).
Good luck with your move.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:49 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,905,897 times
Well if you want to ONLY live 10 minutes from the metro north...then your choices are limited in areas..and the areas next to the beacon line...well are beacon (search beacon in the posts areas). I wouldnt reccomend it. There is a small main street that is quaint in beacon..but really the area isnt that great...I would stay away from the city of poughkeepsie, beacon and newburgh. I live in in the HV..so if you have any more questions pm me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City