Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 11:20 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,557,306 times

Advertisements

Will be dropping DD off for an international flight next monday, a red eye. We drop her off for group orientation around 9 PM. We would like to go into the building to say good bye, help her with luggage, etc.

I havent been to JFK in ages, and know nothing about parking there.

Any insider tips would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,067 times
Just drive to the terminal and follow parking signs to the lot for that terminal. It won't cost much, you'll be right there and it's all easy.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:08 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times
Just becareful Port Authority police department will tow your car if you dont follow the rules.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:46 AM

14 posts, read 35,786 times
Its all very easy. Go to the terminal your daughter suppose to go to. Instead of going to International Departure, go to Short Term Parking. The signs are there. I dont frequent JFK myself so i cant tell you where to park exactly (I go to Newark a lot). But its all easy. Park near any exits, sky bridges etc and you should have a lot less walk to the gates.

9PM is pretty busy depending which terminal, again, get there with time to spare so you can find your bearings and all that and you should be fine.

I HIGHLY doubt P.A will tow your car away if parked in the wrong spot. I saw a mini-van parked there for like months dust all over and people actually wrote on it that its been parked there for months and i actually went and saw it 2 month later.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:51 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,388,802 times
It depends upon where the car is illegally parked, since if it's anywhere near the terminals, a special tow vehicle pulls up and grabs the car very quickly. If you need to be there for 9pm, plan to be there for 7:30. Worst case scenario, you have an hour to spend drinking a coffee, enjoying a snack, etc., but if there's any delay, and it can happen at that hour, it will be much easier if you're not having to rush.

For international flights, you will want terminal 4. You want the blue parking area for international. The parking information line is (718) 244-4080 for any lot closures, etc. It should not be too problematic parking in the international lot at that time. Terminal 4 has a small mall area with food/entertainment/shopping, so if you're a little early, you can relax for a bit.

I hope your daughter has a wonderful trip.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-25-2010, 09:50 PM

343 posts, read 1,025,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
Will be dropping DD off for an international flight next monday, a red eye. We drop her off for group orientation around 9 PM. We would like to go into the building to say good bye, help her with luggage, etc.

I havent been to JFK in ages, and know nothing about parking there.

Any insider tips would be appreciated.
Each Terminal has its own short term parking. It depends on what Airline she is flying also. If she is flying American International, its terminal 8, British Airways, Cathay, Iberia and Qantas are at Terminal 7. Delta International is at Terminal 2, and everything else is at Terminal 4.

You may want to park near the terminal she is departing from to avoid a shlep across the airport. you can get her checked in. say goodbyes, etc.

After that, while you're still at JFK, take the Airtrain to Terminal 5, which has a fantastic new restaurant collection. Have an amazing bite to eat before heading home.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:56 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,994,843 times
Default have to clean up a mess

That is not really true. National Airlines is in terminal 6, TWA terminal 5, Pan Am at terminal 3 and Eastern terminal 1. You missed quite a few airlines and terminals.

As far as the restaurants in TWA's terminal 5... well they are beyond security so a person not flying could not go there, never mind eat there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoros View Post
Each Terminal has its own short term parking. It depends on what Airline she is flying also. If she is flying American International, its terminal 8, British Airways, Cathay, Iberia and Qantas are at Terminal 7. Delta International is at Terminal 2, and everything else is at Terminal 4.

You may want to park near the terminal she is departing from to avoid a shlep across the airport. you can get her checked in. say goodbyes, etc.

After that, while you're still at JFK, take the Airtrain to Terminal 5, which has a fantastic new restaurant collection. Have an amazing bite to eat before heading home.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
That is not really true. National Airlines is in terminal 6, TWA terminal 5, Pan Am at terminal 3 and Eastern terminal 1. You missed quite a few airlines and terminals.

As far as the restaurants in TWA's terminal 5... well they are beyond security so a person not flying could not go there, never mind eat there.
Eastern hasn't been in existence for many years, neither has Pan Am. Terminal 2 & 3 are used by Delta.

And... Terminal 6 is not in operation. About to get the wrecking ball..

When was the last time you were at JFK? LOL.

You are right about T5 tho, I forgot they are beyond security.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:29 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,994,843 times
Default flying the clipper

Really? My travel agent booked me on Pan Am to Rome Via Gander and Shannon on Friday. I better call my carrier ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoros View Post
Eastern hasn't been in existence for many years, neither has Pan Am. Terminal 2 & 3 are used by Delta.

And... Terminal 6 is not in operation. About to get the wrecking ball..

When was the last time you were at JFK? LOL.

You are right about T5 tho, I forgot they are beyond security.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Really? My travel agent booked me on Pan Am to Rome Via Gander and Shannon on Friday. I better call my carrier ASAP.

You really should. Unless we're living in 1975.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City