Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 09:42 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,353 times

Advertisements

Between 42nd Street through 34st and Herald Square and sometimes around 14st and Union Square there is like a rapper or group of rappers who try to promote themselves. I've never seen the same rapper twice but they are ANNOYING and too aggressive and in your face sometimes. There's been times where I'm walking by and they lay their friggin hands on me to try and sell me their albums. They always assume I am into rap because usually after work I have more rugged and sloppy looking clothes on with a Yankee cap and a pair of "Tims" (I do construction) and look more hood.

Once I was in a really pissy mood and almost ignited a riot when I smacked the guys hand off of me. These are guys who always have promote themselves and burn songs on to a blank CD using crappy music recording software and hardware. I know because I brought a CD off an old friend who was the one promoting himself and I regret buying it for friggin 8 dollars. I was just trying to be a good friend though.

Has anyone ever bumped into them? They can be overtly aggressive and they aren't really good at even promoting themselves because it can go to the point of harassment sometimes and they aren't very friendly either. They try and promote but once you're not into what they want they act as if you're wasting THEIR time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 09:51 PM

27 posts, read 153,473 times
LOL - I know what you're talking about. They are always like "hey ma....blah, blah, blah..."

Old 12-02-2010, 09:54 PM

Yeah mzhellokittynyc, they are always like that. "Yo ma, no disrespect, but u mad bootyfoo, but yo chek out ma CD". Argh.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:56 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! LOL, they do that everywhere in the city though. In the summer, its OD bad.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:12 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,893 times
I'd personally rather have to deal with some in your face wannabe rapper for 5 seconds than have to deal with this while waiting for a train after a hard days work....

this

Old 12-02-2010, 10:14 PM

They do that everywhere in the ghetto areas. If you're a hot mama-sita, you'll need to be around a bunch of guys you because the hoods get stupid. One reason why I hate going to ghetto areas to visit some family members because I have to be on edge when walking with like my sister or cousin. Guys just don't know how to act.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:19 PM

LOL @ video. Ftl.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I'd personally rather have to deal with some in your face wannabe rapper for 5 seconds than have to deal with this while waiting for a train after a hard days work....

this

OH LORD! They both **** me off. What I hate even more is this band that plays on the train. They play from their Iphone, Androids whatever but they are SO annoying. Don't get me wrong, they sound good but its just so friggin annoying after coming from a hard ass day off to have annoying hipsters singing right in your ear. Not that I expect peace and quiet on the train but they just annoy me. I actually found the annoying video, I also hate that guys mustache, but I'm just nit picking at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAllFWSl998

Old 12-02-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
OH LORD! They both **** me off. What I hate even more is this band that plays on the train. They play from their Iphone, Androids whatever but they are SO annoying. Don't get me wrong, they sound good but its just so friggin annoying after coming from a hard ass day off to have annoying hipsters singing right in your ear. Not that I expect peace and quiet on the train but they just annoy me. I actually found the annoying video, I also hate that guys mustache, but I'm just nit picking at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAllFWSl998
I like that, I've not seen them. LOL

Old 12-02-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzhellokittynyc View Post
I like that, I've not seen them. LOL
They were on the B train line going to Hipsterville in Brooklyn most likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City