Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2018, 08:21 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,478,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCaribenoEast View Post
No not half... It all depends on what you mean on "white"... If you mean white skin or very very light skin but still having obvious stereotypical "Latino" features (which is really just mixed race feautures ie very curly hair, big lips, or short fat nose etc) , then yes about 40% of Puerto Ricans. And those white Ricans, you can still tell their Latino most of the time becuz of culture and certain facial features. But if by white you mean white skin with no mixed race feautures and looks like some whiteboy from Ireland Italy Germany Israel or somewhere in Middle America lile Kansas or Iowa, then I would say less than 2% of Puerto Ricans resemble that. The Average boricua is a "Quadroon" (light mulatto with a touch of taino)

Also , what I notice is in NYC there is many Italian poor white trash who try to pass themselves as Puerto Rican for some reason. Which is laughable becuz their accent is that of a typical Italian American New Yawker, they don't know Spanish and don't look like the stereotypical mulatto/triracial Puerto Rican. These type of people who try to pass as Puerto Rican, give us real boricuas a bad name, got people thinking we're all white looking drug addicts, sh*t is annoying and weird
Italians are way better off than Puerto Ricans on average, so I wouldn't worry about that

I do agree though, that few Puerto Rican people can pass as white. Even the ones with really light skin usually have hair texture or facial features which give away that they're not white. And they pretty much never identify as white, at least in the states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City