Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 04:33 PM

988 posts, read 3,255,638 times

Advertisements

I live in Astoria but lived in Greenpoint, which had shoddy new buildings as well. Tomorrow, I'll meet with the Landlord to discuss my options. They may let me out of my lease but just charge me the first month which was free, which is no problem. The avg gas bill in the building is over $300 and we have an outlier at $650. This is ridiculous, many tenants have already complained to 311(HPD). Not sure if that'll help but now things are getting serious and the landlord is fully aware that this will cost a lot of money. I just gave them an option to break my lease without any penalty, i'll even pay for my own moving costs. Its gotten so bad that my neighbors are refusing to turn on their heaters and are freezing in their apartments. Others have bought space heaters. The super even said that he wouldn't live here if they paid him.

thanks for the replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City