Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:19 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,792,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASHINGTON BULLET View Post

They perform in the Bedford Ave Station at all hours of the day while hard working native NYers are all busy working at their full time jobs.
Yeah, and when we're all trying to get home they're standing in our way on the platform. I'm all for street performers but these trust funders are annoying to say the least! That Bedford "L" stop is the land of hipster oz, freaks! Shouldn't they be out tending to their rooftop gardens???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 08:42 PM

468 posts, read 1,338,500 times
They should all be out doing something productive instead of seeking out attention by throwing concerts in filthy subway stations.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:19 AM

26 posts, read 70,080 times
Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:01 AM

Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASHINGTON BULLET View Post
They should all be out doing something productive instead of seeking out attention by throwing concerts in filthy subway stations.
That's exactly what they're all about - getting attention!
This video says it all!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=cYAf-FfzrqU

Old 02-02-2011, 08:42 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,592,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
That Bedford "L" stop is the land of hipster oz, freaks!
It wasn't always that way. When I was a teen and the train opened its doors at Bedford ("from" 1st Ave/14th St. 4 minutes earlier) less than a dozen people would get out. And they all looked normal. Believe me or don't, I don't care, it's true. And this was on a weekend! Imagine LOL

Here's something kind of funny: I call it hipsters versus trustfunders where hipsters are basically telling trustfunders via song that trustfunders don't belong in Williamsburg LOL Frickin hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq9RhEvtvnY

Old 02-02-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
It wasn't always that way. When I was a teen and the train opened its doors at Bedford ("from" 1st Ave/14th St. 4 minutes earlier) less than a dozen people would get out. And they all looked normal. Believe me or don't, I don't care, it's true. And this was on a weekend! Imagine LOL

Here's something kind of funny: I call it hipsters versus trustfunders where hipsters are basically telling trustfunders via song that trustfunders don't belong in Williamsburg LOL Frickin hilarious
Funny video. What's that cliché, "the pot calling the kettle black"? They both seem one in the same, that's what makes it so hilarious. I remember Williamsburg before the hipster invasion so I know what your saying is true.

I understand young people need to act out. I certainly did, it's part of growing up. But.....this group, these hipsters, are so overwhelmingly attention starved, incredibly pretentious, and extremely (INTENTIONALLY) rude! They think they're hip and edgy and some sort of urban pioneers, but their neighborhoods are soft and silly.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:14 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,592,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
Funny video. What's that cliché, "the pot calling the kettle black"? They both seem one in the same, that's what makes it so hilarious.
They might see differences within themselves, but natives don't.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:58 AM

468 posts, read 1,338,500 times

Most of them are unemployed but for some reason I have seen a lot of them congregating around ATMs.

Hmmm...

Old 02-02-2011, 03:53 PM

5,545 posts, read 2,037,528 times
Here's one of the best videos making fun of those ridiculous hipsters.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:58 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesbarkley View Post
Don't go to these places without Ray-Bans and your dads debit card.
Beware/Achtung!: douchebags wearing Wayfarers ahead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City