Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 07:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,904 times

Advertisements

Hello! I'm relocating to New York, and I'm having a tough time finding for an average priced 1 bed flat (to rent) with a built-in washer and dryer. Can someone recommend areas in Queens where most flats for rent would come with one? I have no plans to install it myself. Or would i find better luck in New Jersey city? I'll be working in Manhattan. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 09:44 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
In most large apt. buildings in Queens there are coin-operated washers & dryers in the basement of each building for use of its tenants.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:05 AM

541 posts, read 1,902,350 times
Most of the modern buildings in Long Island City have washers and dryers in the units.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:37 PM

769 posts, read 2,050,404 times
You will need to find a recently built or at least recently renovated apartment building to find this. Some of the larger, nicer buildings have 2-3 laundry rooms throughout the building. Some even have a small laundry room on every floor.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:04 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
Some smaller apartments also have washers/dryers, but it depends upon the landlord. Some may be stacked units, and others might be a combination unit. They might be difficult to find without a broker, however. I agree that newer buildings that tend toward the luxury end of the spectrum are the best bet to find them in unit.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 02-13-2011, 04:10 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Very few apartments in Manhattan would have a washer/dryer in the apartment, but in my opinion you would be very foolish to let something like that fleeing from Manhattan. Most decent buildings have laundry rooms in the basement, which is fine, and if you're re-locating to NYC with a job, chances are you're being paid enough to even send your laundry out.

The time wasted on a daily commute, as well as the loss of the experience of being in the middle of NYC, is a steep price to pay for the small part of your life you spend washing your clothes.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:19 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
get a portable washer, they work fine for everyday clothes, and for the big items go to a laundromat, it really isn't that big of a deal. I wouldn't let that deter me from an apartment.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:20 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Very few apartments in Manhattan would have a washer/dryer in the apartment, but in my opinion you would be very foolish to let something like that fleeing from Manhattan. Most decent buildings have laundry rooms in the basement, which is fine, and if you're re-locating to NYC with a job, chances are you're being paid enough to even send your laundry out.

The time wasted on a daily commute, as well as the loss of the experience of being in the middle of NYC, is a steep price to pay for the small part of your life you spend washing your clothes.

yeah seriously, I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City