Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 11:49 AM

25,381 posts, read 37,114,463 times

Advertisements

The SUR part refers to SOUTH America.
With the mention of Caracas, I'm guessing back to Venezuela?

Old 05-15-2011, 11:58 AM

136 posts, read 267,161 times
Homeboy is soft. Lmao.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:45 PM

961 posts, read 2,465,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8west View Post
Congrats! It does feel so-o-o-o-o good leaving the NYC dump. I know it personally. Don't pay attention to those aggressively hostile nuts believing there isn't better place on the Earth than the Big Dump.

The OP is from Caracass and I believe that is where he/she is heading back to, do you know anything about Caracass? Thats like throwing rocks from a glass house calling NY a dump when you're from Caracass. Aggressively hostile nuts? I don't care if you're on the Mayberry board or in the middle of the "Heartland" if you go on anyones board and say what the OP said with the language they used, expect a backlash.

To the OP and anyone else who hates the city, the sooner you leave the better and when you leave please don't look back. In other words don't pop up on our board when you're gone, put this "cesspool" behind you.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:52 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,821,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback1983 View Post
LOL I cant wait till the day I get to say this.
I said it 6 weeks ago.
Never felt better.
Unlike the OP, I had 40YEARS of Manhattan .

Old 05-15-2011, 02:10 PM

25 posts, read 181,977 times
My initial post was kind of harsh. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

For the record, I was BORN in Brooklyn but moved to another state when I was very young. The SurAmerica name is just a reference to my interest in the South American continent. I have been there as a tourist only. I like warm climates and blue skies.

I think NYC is a fascinating city but it's just time for me to move on.

As the Harry Nilsson song says:

I'm going where the sun keeps shining
Through the pouring rain,
Going where the weather suits my clothes,
Backing off of the North East wind,
Sailing on a summer breeze
And skipping over the ocean like a stone.

Yes, I do somewhat resemble the character "Ratso Rizzo" in the film MIDNIGHT COWBOY so if you want to make fun of me go right ahead.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:37 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,151,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8west View Post
Congrats! It does feel so-o-o-o-o good leaving the NYC dump. I know it personally. Don't pay attention to those aggressively hostile nuts believing there isn't better place on the Earth than the Big Dump.
You don't live here? I don't get it. Why do you make so many posts on the NYC forum? I guess it must not be that bad if you remain obsessed by it.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:41 PM

177 posts, read 416,634 times
Whenever I read posts from people who "hate" New York city so much, have supposedly left, and yet are unable to stop relating to the NYC forum even negatively, I can't help but think they feel some kind of loss, sadness or anger at not having been able to stay.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:42 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,151,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyfreesia View Post
Whenever I read posts from people who "hate" New York city so much, have supposedly left, and yet are unable to stop relating to the NYC forum even negatively, I can't help but think they feel some kind of loss, sadness or anger at not having been able to stay.
Yes, I find it pitiful.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:46 PM

205 posts, read 508,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurAmerica View Post
My initial post was kind of harsh. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

For the record, I was BORN in Brooklyn but moved to another state when I was very young. The SurAmerica name is just a reference to my interest in the South American continent. I have been there as a tourist only. I like warm climates and blue skies.

I think NYC is a fascinating city but it's just time for me to move on.

As the Harry Nilsson song says:

I'm going where the sun keeps shining
Through the pouring rain,
Going where the weather suits my clothes,
Backing off of the North East wind,
Sailing on a summer breeze
And skipping over the ocean like a stone.

Yes, I do somewhat resemble the character "Ratso Rizzo" in the film MIDNIGHT COWBOY so if you want to make fun of me go right ahead.

Ah you dont have to apologize to nobody man. Say what you wanna say. You didnt attack any body personally. NYC is notorious for its rude attitude so give it back to them! lol.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:53 PM

233 posts, read 721,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Yes, I find it pitiful.
I think it's human nature.... it happens all the time.... Well, at least I see it all the time, it goes something like this.

a) Two people meet and fall in love

b) Two people move in together and everything is great

c) Two people break up

d) Person #1 bashes Person #2 saying all types of miserable stuff

When I see this, all I can think is what a loser (of the complaining person). You CHOOSE this person to live with and be with. It was your decision and nobody made you sleep and live with this person. If you didn't like the situation, move on and let it go.

So, I guess my point is that NYC is like an old lover to these people. They still hold on to some type of attraction and rather than admit it, they bash the place.

Just my $.02
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City