Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:20 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,061,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
A) Giuliani is gone.

B) Raising sales and income taxes have forced many wealthy people to leave.

Enjoy!
On the contrary the raising of sales and income tax forced out much of the poor working class and middle class nyers out of nyc. Many rich and elitest moved to nyc ala bloomberg who marketed nyc like a brand just how a pair of air jordan sneakers marketed to improvished urban dwellers ghetto culture. Also the rich and wealthy dont pay alot of tax because of tax breaks. I do wish nyc was more clean however the flith, the slime, the scum, the grim the grit, the stds, the stench of mal air, the masses of differernt people all give nyc its dyostopian character. I wish you transplant wealthy elitest luck on trying to green up nyc and also for those who believe in there ideology.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-30-2011 at 11:43 PM..

Old 05-31-2011, 12:50 AM

744 posts, read 1,848,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
On the contrary the raising of sales and income tax forced out much of the poor working class and middle class nyers out of nyc. Many rich and elitest moved to nyc ala bloomberg who marketed nyc like a brand just how a pair of air jordan sneakers marketed to improvished urban dwellers ghetto culture. Also the rich and wealthy dont pay alot of tax because of tax breaks. I do wish nyc was more clean however the flith, the slime, the scum, the grim the grit, the stds, the stench of mal air, the masses of differernt people all give nyc its dyostopian character. I wish you transplant wealthy elitest luck on trying to green up nyc and also for those who believe in there ideology.
Well everyone knows how well the liberals have done with the Bronx.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:54 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,061,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Well everyone knows how well the liberals have done with the Bronx.
Lol im not much of liberal. If you wanna see real liberals take a walk down west end avenue on the uws. Many liberals are elitest too.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:48 AM

420 posts, read 805,583 times
Quote:
It is a liberal city, and a run down and crime-ridden city. Not to mention overrun by illegals. It will turn into San Francisco soon.

OKC is a conservative city, a big one, and a very clean and safe one. Dallas, Atlanta, and Houston are anything but suburban sprawl, but those cities aren't exactly conservative either.

What is wrong with suburbs anyway?? They are safe, clean and great places to raise kids.
NYC is not crime-ridden. It is very,very safe. I find it amusing that you are comparing OKC to NYC. OKC is the most boring "city" iin the country, unless your idea of fun is going to the local chain restaurant on a Friday night. Not to mention the general redneck attitude of the place.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:16 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,664,609 times
There is too many people, not enough garbage cans on the sidewalks. The car, bus and truck exhaust makes all the apartment and office building windows filthy. Unfortunetely most residents in these apartments do not wash windows. The soot in the air turns the bricks black, the buildings need to be constantly sand blasted......

and basically people are pigs, they throw garbage any where and think the "garbage failry" is going to clean up after them.
People throw garbage out of car windows, they throw litter in the subway tracks.....

people are generally pigs, or just plain lazy.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:54 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,276,343 times
As awesome as the city is, not even its biggest fans can deny that it is a pretty filthy city. It's larger and denser than any other US city ... add to that the fact that Americans in general ARE pretty careless with regard to litter.

Regarding the overall "gritty" look ... that is definitely a Northeast thing. Cities in the Northeast are older and denser. In my opinion, it gives a place character.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:01 AM

136 posts, read 267,106 times
Quote:
I also checked out Tokyo, another city around the size of NYC. Tokyo is even cleaner and prettier than London. Sorry, but I toured almost all of NYC, going down street after street, and it all looks pretty grimey and worn out. I have also seen a lot of pictures of NYC too, and it shows me the same. The subways look like old convenience store restrooms with tracks running through it.

Really no excuse for America's largest city to be that filthy.
That's practically impossible without having colossal amounts of free time. Either you're lying or you're a loser. Not sure which...

Old 05-31-2011, 08:22 AM

442 posts, read 1,297,468 times
Quote:
It is a liberal city, and a run down and crime-ridden city. Not to mention overrun by illegals. It will turn into San Francisco soon.

OKC is a conservative city, a big one, and a very clean and safe one. Dallas, Atlanta, and Houston are anything but suburban sprawl, but those cities aren't exactly conservative either.

What is wrong with suburbs anyway?? They are safe, clean and great places to raise kids.
wtf is OKC?

Old 05-31-2011, 09:10 AM

2,871 posts, read 4,794,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBAller85 View Post
wtf is OKC?
I think it's Oklahoma City.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:19 AM

31 posts, read 159,663 times
Default http://www.city-data.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=19377735

Crime stats for NYC and Oklahoma City:

NYC murders/100k - 9.9
NYC rapes/100k - 5.6
NYC burglaries/100k - 223
NYC robberies/100k - 221

OKC murders/100k - 52.8
OKC rapes/100k - 11.7
OKC burglaries/100k - 1902!!!
OKC robberies/100k - 224

Let me tell you something, I rather live in a city where I can walk daytime/nightime on "dirty" streets without thinking about getting robbed at gunpoint.

Or I rather live in the "dirty" city where I don't have to fear as much as in OKC that my house/apartment will be broken into.

Do you still prefer OKC over NYC? Do you still think OKC is a safe city?

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City