Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 08:10 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Throw Highbridge in there too.
Yes, can't believe I forgot them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 09:10 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Yes, can't believe I forgot them.
you guys also forgot about eastchester houses.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:13 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
you guys also forgot about eastchester houses.
Eastchester's crappy. That's why we didn't throw them in. Its on par with any other NYCHA in Northeast IMO.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-03-2011, 07:42 PM

2 posts, read 5,016 times
Default Pelham Parkway Houses

I have lived in the Bronx all my life but never lived in NYCHA. I applied and was accepted. I got accepted for an apartment in the Pelham Parkway Houses in July but I was not able to even see the apartment until Sept. 21st. It was still a mess but not as bad as it was before. I signed the paper work but I told the property manager I would like to think about it because the rooms are very small and I have a very large bedroom set and more closets where I presently live. He also told me the apartment is mine and they couldn't rent it to anyone else unless I refused it and signed the refusal letter. That was obviously a lie. I had a death in my family so I was not thinking about the apartment until after the funeral was over and out of the way. I went there today to look at the apartment again and it was much cleaner and had new appliances, cabinets, doors, etc. I went to the renting office to ask when I could move in and was told they rented the apartment already because I took too long toget back to them. It has only been a week and they rented it already without the courtesy of a phone call to see if I was still interested. I am supposed to be on a high priority list and should get first preference because I'm a domestic violence victim. I need to know who I can call to get this matter resolved because I need to move as soon as possible before I'm homeless all together.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:00 PM

31 posts, read 129,226 times
What about Alfred E. "Smith" Housing? I try to get housing there but they never on the open list and you have to go in front of a commity to get in. They are also right behind 1 police plaza and seem to be quit.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:01 AM

18 posts, read 90,792 times
Post Nycha Apt's that are safer and apt's are bigger. Updated (2012)

I currently live in Brooklyn in the pj's but I would like to move back to the Bronx. Currently where I live now the apartment is very very small for a two bedroom and the layout is strange.. When you walk in it's bathroom first and then the bedrooms and last the kitchen and living room and no closets. It is a very uncomfortable space.
Where I use to live in the Bronx apt it had was huge for a two bedroom. It was living room first and the kitchen then a long hallway with the bedrooms and bathroom and lots of closets everywhere.

I haven't lived in the Bronx for many years and I am thinking of moving back. I would like to know if anyone can tell me about any of NYCHA developments that have big apartments with a lot of space. Not a like a box. I would like to know what bronx pj's are safer now too. I now know they added camaras on some developments. I have checked some forums but, I didn't see anything that was up to date for 2012.

I was told about a couple:
1) Parkside houses
2) Melrose
3) Betances
4) Pelham P Houses

Old 07-03-2012, 09:16 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,050,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suelaika View Post
I currently live in Brooklyn in the pj's but I would like to move back to the Bronx. Currently where I live now the apartment is very very small for a two bedroom and the layout is strange.. When you walk in it's bathroom first and then the bedrooms and last the kitchen and living room and no closets. It is a very uncomfortable space.
Where I use to live in the Bronx apt it had was huge for a two bedroom. It was living room first and the kitchen then a long hallway with the bedrooms and bathroom and lots of closets everywhere.

I haven't lived in the Bronx for many years and I am thinking of moving back. I would like to know if anyone can tell me about any of NYCHA developments that have big apartments with a lot of space. Not a like a box. I would like to know what bronx pj's are safer now too. I now know they added camaras on some developments. I have checked some forums but, I didn't see anything that was up to date for 2012.

1) Parkside houses
2) Melrose
3) Betances
4) Pelham P Houses
Melrose and Betances are a no-no.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:

1) Parkside houses
2) Melrose
3) Betances
4) Pelham P Houses
Betances used to be one of the better PJS in the South Bronx but not anymore, buildings become dirty and a huge increase of violence, some of the Betances in Mott Haven as of lately for the past couple of years were scenes of shootings. Also note many people who moved to Betances in the past couple of years some of the new residents came from parts of Brooklyn and Upper Manhattan areas of Washington Heigths and Harlem. WHen visiting a friend in a Betances I saw a lady put a whole bunch of garbage in the staircase, I spoke to her in SPanish brasura salir and she told me she used to live in Washington Heights and in her last building thats how she threw out garbage. I spoke to a PSA7 officer and he told me this was one of the better pjs in the area and it finally went down hill. Also note many good tenants moved out out of the city or to better areas of the city or have died out! A huge increase of quality of life issues in Betances, please just avoid them. I heard a rumor some Betances may go COOP according to NYCHA reps. Try Parkside and Pelham Parkway Houses.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:50 AM

18 posts, read 90,792 times
Thanks for the info. Are the apt's there big or small?

Old 07-04-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Are the apt's there big or small?
There are some Betanches with three to four bedroom apts and one and a half bathrooms, very rare in times like these. Seriously the city should convert those buildings to coops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City