Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 01:28 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times

Advertisements

Is this is gathered from the Census, I recall reading an article a while back that the area with the highest percentage of people not submitted was a zip code in Williamsburg, so those numbers would not be entirely accurate.

Can't say I'm shocked by my neighborhood in Brooklyn, it's primarily families here. Nor is it surprising that Staten Island has a high number of nuclear families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 01:50 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Bronxguayanese, as someone who puports to be a native Southern Bronx resident and self proclaimed "expert" and "ladies man", how can you can be "shocked" at the high number of single parent households? Come on! You just loss -10 Bronx points, and -100 Southern Bronx points. If you say you are "flabbergasted" by the lack of 6 figure salaries in the Southern Bronx or Central Brooklyn I will officially block you.

I didn't find this link particularly useful or informative as it is not clear how they got their data. We need more transparency...what the heck is "unique methodology"?
That's what I said!

Sobro, I'm glad you said what I was thinking. I can't believe that the OP would be that naive

Old 01-18-2012, 03:32 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Bronxguayanese, as someone who puports to be a native Southern Bronx resident and self proclaimed "expert" and "ladies man", how can you can be "shocked" at the high number of single parent households? Come on! You just loss -10 Bronx points, and -100 Southern Bronx points. If you say you are "flabbergasted" by the lack of 6 figure salaries in the Southern Bronx or Central Brooklyn I will officially block you.

I didn't find this link particularly useful or informative as it is not clear how they got their data. We need more transparency...what the heck is "unique methodology"?
Sorry if I pissed you off Sobro. I was just helping this chick that I know at my job with her college term paper and she is borderline academic probation. Her paper was for sociology class and its based on single mothers in New York City. I know that the South Bronx has a high rate of single parent homes, its nothing new to me, I smashed a couple of single moms before, hell I grew up in one and I came out all right, but I cant say the same for the majority who will eventually end up in the welfare and prison industrial complexes which will continue the cycle of deprivement. Any way all data is fuzzy if you ask me. Numbers change everyday!

Old 01-18-2012, 03:33 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
That's what I said!

Sobro, I'm glad you said what I was thinking. I can't believe that the OP would be that naive
Stop trolling!

Old 01-18-2012, 03:36 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Stop trolling!
who's trolling? and what is that anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: