Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 07:41 AM

37,153 posts, read 39,418,669 times

Advertisements

The beaches are much nicer in Queens. The Sichuan food is better in Queens, the Canto food is better in Brooklyn. There is more of a downtown in Brooklyn. The museums and performing arts in Brooklyn are generally larger, more active and prestigious. Queens is generally a bit less expensive for the same amount of housing and commute time to Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 08:33 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Brooklyn is more rat-infested than Queens

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-20-2018, 09:50 AM

1,110 posts, read 983,740 times
this is ridiculous. the new development in LIC is selling for more than 1300 per square foot, same if not more expensive than similar new development in Brooklyn.

Even in far eastern Queens like flushing or forest hills, new condos can sell more than 1200 per sqf. muc hmore than comparable areas in Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max11USA View Post
Here are my (probably biased) thoughts, based on nothing more than personal observation:

Queens in more traditionally "middle class", while Brooklyn is becoming a mix of either "Yuppy class" or "Lower/artist" class.

Brooklyn has a more urban feel, and is generally denser in population.

Queens is much better for driving, but Brooklyn has more subway lines.

The nicest areas in Brooklyn are at least 2x as expensive as the nicest areas of Queens. Actually, everywhere in Brooklyn is more expensive than its closest counterpart in Queens.

Old 09-20-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Brooklyn is more rat-infested than Queens
Not sure how you’re using rat-infested, but I sort of expect Queens to have more rats overall since it’s much bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
this is ridiculous. the new development in LIC is selling for more than 1300 per square foot, same if not more expensive than similar new development in Brooklyn.

Even in far eastern Queens like flushing or forest hills, new condos can sell more than 1200 per sqf. muc hmore than comparable areas in Brooklyn
Well, that’s a post from 2012 you’re quoting and so it wasn’t as apparent to most people at the time what LIC and Flushing were doing. There was people and development, but it hadn’t quite ramped up to the dame extent.

I’m not sure about your statement about similar price per square foot for new development in Brooklyn. Sure, parts of Brooklyn, but if you’re going for the ceiling for each borough, then DUMBO is likely a notably high ceiling compared to other Brooklyn and Queens neighborhood, and I’m guessing some of Brooklyn Heights and waterfront Williamsburg isn’t too far behind. I think after that then we are probably going LIC, downtown Brooklyn, other parts of Williamsburg and prime Flushing.

Old 09-20-2018, 10:43 AM

202 posts, read 165,462 times
Given my sn, only makes sense I opine.

Growing up in the 70s/80s/90s, Bk was a no-go for many Queens residents. The borough was much more suburban/family like. Much of that has changed, of course. However NE Queens is still immaculate in many ways and a fantastic place to raise kids - which I can't say of any part of BK, which is still ghetto to me.

Old 09-20-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensCeltic View Post
Given my sn, only makes sense I opine.

Growing up in the 70s/80s/90s, Bk was a no-go for many Queens residents. The borough was much more suburban/family like. Much of that has changed, of course. However NE Queens is still immaculate in many ways and a fantastic place to raise kids - which I can't say of any part of BK, which is still ghetto to me.
Do you even speak any celtic languages?

Old 09-20-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Not sure how you’re using rat-infested, but I sort of expect Queens to have more rats overall since it’s much bigger.
Hmm, with that logic, Queens must have more people too, since it's bigger?

LMAO

Is this some type of prank, or what

Old 09-20-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Hmm, with that logic, Queens must have more people too, since it's bigger?

LMAO

Is this some type of prank, or what
You understand that rats live in parks and dumps, too, not just human habitation, right? It's just that human habitation means that you're going to get more complaints and the denser the habitation, the greater the odds someone is going to call in and complain. If you keep smacking your head, you might end up permanently the way you are. You got to be careful! Use some protection!

Old 09-20-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
You understand that rats live in parks and dumps, too, not just human habitation, right? It's just that human habitation means that you're going to get more complaints and the denser the habitation, the greater the odds someone is going to call in and complain. If you keep smacking your head, you might end up permanently the way you are. You got to be careful! Use some protection!
The Rat Density In New York City, Mapped - Digg

Old 09-20-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Did you read my actual post or what? Did you read where this map was generated via complaints?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City