Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 PM

650 posts, read 1,812,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsonDowns View Post
I haven't used it, but Amazon also has a Locker Service where you can have items shipped and held. I'm not sure how widespread it is. I also use the free version of UPS My Choice and simply refuse to shop with companies who ship FedEx as I have had horrible luck with their drivers.
Thanks for the Amazon Locker info, I had no idea that existed. The item I wanted happen to be from Amazon so I'll definitely try this out.

As for work shipments, I can't because I jump around to different buildings for work. This Locker Service will be very helpful if it proves true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 10:09 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Other options including having packages sent to your formal work address or having a note on the outer door of your apt. bldg. that UPS/Fedex should deliver the package to a neighbor's apt.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:15 AM

877 posts, read 2,013,238 times
If you can, ask one of your neighbors who you know will be home all day to pick it up by leaving a sign on the door (assuming that you can) that says: "UPS.. please leave package for Apt __ to apt __"

Always works for me.

if not, you can always call them and ask to reschedule a specific time

Old 03-01-2012, 11:01 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,581,189 times
Also, if you are friendly with a little store or restaurant in your neighborhood, you can always ask if you can have something shipped there.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:15 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOReverxpeace View Post
If you can, ask one of your neighbors who you know will be home all day to pick it up by leaving a sign on the door (assuming that you can) that says: "UPS.. please leave package for Apt __ to apt __"

Always works for me.

if not, you can always call them and ask to reschedule a specific time
That's if the UPS or FED EX guy actually reads the sign. I had the same problem when I lived in my apt building. They wouldn't leave it with a neighbor in another apartment. Now I live in a house and they leave the packages right on my top step for the world to see instead of leaving them on the middle walkway that is hidden by bushes. When I order merchandise, I always put instructions "if no answer leave on back steps". They never do. There were times when I was actually home, saw a head run in front of my window and the brown truck just takes off. They don't even ring the bell .

Old 11-06-2012, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,164 times
Default VillageDoorman

Check out www.villagedoorman.com. You can send your packages to a store near you, and then just pick it up on your way home from work. It's awesome.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:13 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
It really is one of the nicest things about having a doorman.
A friend has a co-op without a doorman and it is endless screw-ups for her every time she gets a UPS delivery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City