Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2007, 07:49 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,309 times

Advertisements

State Senator Andrew Lanza of New York City Is A Friend Of New York State's Vietnam Veterans If you would like to help, please email me at: ProudCapMarine@earthlink.net. And I'll make sure Lester gets the message of help.

Last Tuesday I brought over a letter to State Senator Andrew Lanza's office. On Friday afternoon Senator Lanza called me and told he he
was 100% in favor of this idea and it was well derserving and a look time coming.
He told me that he would get it up to Albany as a Bill and try to push it along as quickly as he can to get into the hands of Gov Spitzer.
I also gav him a copy of the proclomation that Dann sent me. He said as soon as heard from Albany he would call me again. He also stated that he would like to have it in place before March 29, 2008.

Lester

Senator Andrew J. Lanza
District 24

Dear Senator Lanza

For almost 35 years now, Vietnam Veterans have had an underlying need to hear four little words, Thank You and Welcome Home.

A movement began a number of month*s ago to have March 29th declared Vietnam Veterans Day. The state of Tennessee has it already implanted in their system. Minnesota will follow in September. The state of Georgia has already started their preliminary work, and the State of California too.

I have been in touch with a fellow Vietnam Veteran from Tennessee and have put together a proclamation that we can use to get the ball rolling.

On March 29, 1974 Richard Nixon declared March 29th, Vietnam Veterans Day, but that was only for that year. We are now asking that now and forever that March 29th be declared Vietnam Veterans Day. Enclosed is a sample of the proclamation. We hope that you will help us with this task.

Respectfully

Lester Modelowitz
Vietnam Veteran
1967 - 1968
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: