Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:52 PM

657 posts, read 716,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C8N View Post
i hope its not something serious but really.... even if its simple dehydration or heat exhaustion, do you really want to goto a hh and drink? i dont think thats a smart idea and i think drinking is the worst thing you can do. if anything, skip it and rest at home with the ac running as i am sure there will be other gatherings.

i am in my late 30's and i too, mentally, feel like im still in my 20's but that was almost 2 decades ago. unless you really have been taking care of your body, its right around that time where you need to make some life style adjustments concerning your health.

no one can make you do anything but i strongly urge you to take caution and do what's best for your health.

thanks for your concern ....... that is why gods loves us above any other creature and give us grace..... because one or two of us are o.k..... just one or two of us out of 7 billion. wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 01:52 PM

180 posts, read 335,350 times
It might be what you has for breastfest..

Old 06-21-2012, 01:53 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigslist View Post
It might be what you has for breastfest..

No one mentioned sex. Yet.

I miss college.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:58 PM

no it was the heat and pushing this older body to do the things it use to do... while over weigh and out of shape......... am going home in a few to just relax in the pool

Old 06-21-2012, 02:01 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebx28 View Post
no it was the heat and pushing this older body to do the things it use to do... while over weigh and out of shape......... am going home in a few to just relax in the pool
Good to hear you are holding up man. Relaxing after that is a sound choice.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:06 PM

483 posts, read 854,462 times
Quote:
hey everyone, i had lunch today saw a couple of people playing basketball so they had an odd number 3. so they ask if i wanted to play...... i said yes ....

and then i played 3 game til 16 by one ( we won 2 ) it was over in like 45 minutes. then headed back to work ..... felt light headed, and everything was moving fast , was sweating a lot and then lost my balance and went to one knee..... i sat down on a bench and drink some cold vitamin water..... and got up in 15 minutes and went straight to the bathroom. after doing number two.... lay down on the floor in a feces position with room spinning......... now am here feeling sluggish but am alive.......

was that a stroke or a heart attack?or dehydation.? i did not have a water until when i sit down and i has breastfest too....
It sounds like it was heat related. It's hot out there and if you didn't stay hydrated while playing basketball then that's what it sounds like. Rest up and stay away from the heat if you can, and make sure to drink plenty of water.

You said that you do have a history of fainting.... have you ever gotten that addressed or had an EKG?? If not, you need to see your pmd. I would recommend that you see your pmd anyway, as soon as you can, just to get your BP, pulse and all that good stuff checked out.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:15 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Look in the mirror and stick out your tongue. Does it go to the right or left or straight. If straight you probably didn't have a stroke, but if it goes to the right or left get medical help ASAP.

Aspirin is good for a person who thinks they may have had a heart attack. These things are too serious to mess around with. Find a drug store and check your blood pressure and pulse or go for medical help. In both heart attacks and strokes, the faster you get to the problem the better.

I don't mean this as medical help. It is just the warning signs of things I have read about.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:

of course i mean a ghetto pool .... my tub. maybe i'll even throw in mr duck too.....

stay out of the heat people.......... its crazy out there.....

Old 06-21-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandle View Post
It sounds like it was heat related. It's hot out there and if you didn't stay hydrated while playing basketball then that's what it sounds like. Rest up and stay away from the heat if you can, and make sure to drink plenty of water.

You said that you do have a history of fainting.... have you ever gotten that addressed or had an EKG?? If not, you need to see your pmd. I would recommend that you see your pmd anyway, as soon as you can, just to get your BP, pulse and all that good stuff checked out.

made an appointment thanks

Old 06-21-2012, 02:58 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Well, whatever it was, you made the right choice when you decided to come to Citydata for the answer. From now on, I'm using this instead of Yahoo! Answers for my life and death questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City