Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 11:31 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,634,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
he's the king of new york and
that's not even what america
is all about.

we don't need a king telling
us what to do.
If you think that now, just wait until he runs for President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 01:54 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,389,726 times
And depending if yet another Bush is running for president, Bloomberg may win! Or maybe he can get Bill Thompson to run against him for president, or some other idiot, and he'll win by a landslide. Other than that though, he has no chance.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:17 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,911,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
WhipperSnapper: You are from Ohio, post on NYC on a topic based on information from Mike Johnson on CBS news affiliate in Tabernacle, Ohio....I post on my own city site on a topic I am well versed and I am the troll? Did you really say that? Really?
Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that it was against the rules to post in a City forum that is not your own..... Show me where it says that in the terms of service and you'll be rid of me forever....

Secondly, I don't need to live in your city to know that some of your mayors policies are idiotic

Quote:
And as a matter of fact I do have a Broadway show to see...I will post on it when I return. Is this supposed to be a bad thing...
Gee I dont know..... Did I say it was a bad thing? I just find it curious that you are willing to spend so much time on City-Data when you live in such an active and vibrant city where the things to do are endless.... hmmmm.....
Quote:

like being smart? knowing how to read? And knowing who the president is and other such "liberal elite" evils? It is very sad that being as dumb as possible, or making fun of people because they do things other than drink and watch TV has become what "real America" is about. Thank you Bush!
Where have I said anything even close to the term "liberal elite" ....."real America"......or shown any kind of support towards Bush? Just lke a Liberal though, constantly blaming bush for everything thats wrong with this countryYou learned it well from your leader though I suppose, even after his fourth year in office, he's STILL blaming Bush for what he "inherited" instead of owning up to his own shortcomings....

Btw, I never liked Bush, and was glad to see him go.

Oh well, such is life. Small minds make small assumptions...... Now, if you insist on continuing this rant about what a beer drinkin/belching, tobacco chewing, incestuous, illiterate hillbilly I am and don't have anything to say about the thread topic, I think you and I are done.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 08-02-2012 at 07:29 PM..

Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 PM

409 posts, read 498,509 times
The point is WhipperSnapper, you don't live in NYC, and as such you are do not really know how Bloomberg's policy has actually affected the majority of the people living in NYC. I for one have not be affected negatively, and despite the strict gun control, our crime is quite low. You guys seriously exaggerate the guns issue way too much.

Full Disclosure: I would like to own a handgun, for plinking and target shooting so I'm not totally objective here.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:37 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicCoward View Post
The point is WhipperSnapper, you don't live in NYC, and as such you are do not really know how Bloomberg's policy has actually affected the majority of the people living in NYC. I for one have not be affected negatively
I understand where you are coming from here, but my point is, I don't have to live in NYC to know that many of Bloombergs policies are idiotic and set bad precedents for the rest of the nation, even if they are not affective, or not enforced. With that line of thinking, Americans would have no right to criticize China for thier poor record on Human rights because after all, they don't live there.

Quote:
Full Disclosure: I would like to own a handgun, for plinking and target shooting so I'm not totally objective here.
Thats an easy fix, just move somewhere in the country where our constitution and the 2nd ammendment are respected. There are plenty of places..... Ohio for example, is pretty decent. { I wouldn't suggest anyone move to Ohio though. }

Old 08-03-2012, 12:44 AM

37,246 posts, read 39,529,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

I understand where you are coming from here, but my point is, I don't have to live in NYC to know that many of Bloombergs policies are idiotic and set bad precedents for the rest of the nation, even if they are not affective, or not enforced. With that line of thinking, Americans would have no right to criticize China for thier poor record on Human rights because after all, they don't live there.

Thats an easy fix, just move somewhere in the country where our constitution and the 2nd ammendment are respected. There are plenty of places..... Ohio for example, is pretty decent. { I wouldn't suggest anyone move to Ohio though. }
Going from Bloomberg's policy to China's authoritarian and abusive government with little accountability nor avenues for redressing mistakes is a huge and ridiculous stretch. And of Bloomberg's policies, how many of the really good ones do you know? When a mayor actually takes his mayoralty and does that much right in the essentials, how is it that people end up concentrating on some of the dumbest and most frivolous things that he might, in some people's opinion, be wrong on? Even if you feel Bloomberg's done a terrible job with the things that matter (which I don't agree with, but fine if you do), then that's fantastic--at least have that conversation on things of substance. What kind of idiocy do we live in where we can't evenly and coolly talk about the essentials that matter, but raise hell over the stupidest little things? How is it that it's this tidbit of all things that draws the attention of so many people who know almost ****nothing about NYC or Bloomberg's administration and not anything else?

Old 08-03-2012, 12:53 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,198,140 times
Freedom is for people. Not governments. Bloomberg has way too much freedom to legislate his authoritarianism.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:37 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,389,726 times
Pretty much onpoint Oycrumbler....they get a snippet of info here, a snippet of rhetoric there, have no idea about how these policies actually impact our lives, and they miraculously become policy experts and know all about Bloomberg, his administration, and NYC politics. Amazing indeed!

And yet here he is continuing to defend his sheer ignorance. Well I guess it beats the Ohio forums.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Going from Bloomberg's policy to China's authoritarian and abusive government with little accountability nor avenues for redressing mistakes is a huge and ridiculous stretch. And of Bloomberg's policies, how many of the really good ones do you know? When a mayor actually takes his mayoralty and does that much right in the essentials, how is it that people end up concentrating on some of the dumbest and most frivolous things that he might, in some people's opinion, be wrong on? Even if you feel Bloomberg's done a terrible job with the things that matter (which I don't agree with, but fine if you do), then that's fantastic--at least have that conversation on things of substance. What kind of idiocy do we live in where we can't evenly and coolly talk about the essentials that matter, but raise hell over the stupidest little things? How is it that it's this tidbit of all things that draws the attention of so many people who know almost ****nothing about NYC or Bloomberg's administration and not anything else?

It's like I said earlier..... when you are a leader, your failures are magnified ten fold your accomplishments...

Many of Bloombergs policies are controversial. Those are the ones people want to talk about and discuss. And, every "tidbit" matters.... it's the ones that think this law or that law doesn't matter that are wrong. Maybe this or that law wouldn't matter, IF it stopped at that, but it doesn't and sooner or later, one or two little problems equals one big one.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:21 PM

409 posts, read 498,509 times
I probably don't want to move out of NYC unless I have to. I go to Baruch for accounting which is heavily recruited by the Big4. But not a lot of employers outside the city/state knows about the school. So for my employment prospects, I'll just stay in NYC and eventually get a Pistol Permit or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City