Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 06:37 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,074,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
Isn't it time to go back to the chapel and milking Bessie? Also, if you are going to diss NYC learn proper grammar and spelling. It's elitist (not elitest). By the way, 'I love NYC but this attitude that anyone outside of it is some low IQ'd slackjaw' is not a full sentence. IQ'd... LMAO! And the bubble of insanity is in the middle of America, where the majority of the backwards, crystal-meth loving, overly religious wackjobs reside. Get outside of the U.S. and you'd find billions that agree.
I'm not sure why I was quoted in this. My guess is this is some misguided rage post that wasn't 100% thought out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 11:17 PM

37,135 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
It's like I said earlier..... when you are a leader, your failures are magnified ten fold your accomplishments...

Many of Bloombergs policies are controversial. Those are the ones people want to talk about and discuss. And, every "tidbit" matters.... it's the ones that think this law or that law doesn't matter that are wrong. Maybe this or that law wouldn't matter, IF it stopped at that, but it doesn't and sooner or later, one or two little problems equals one big one.
Yea, and how much can these people who've joined in now talk about aside from the tidbits? Our complete lack of priorities is a stronger testament of how ridiculously screwed we are as a nation. Our inability to even provisionally try new solutions when things are obviously going wrong is incredible. We are no longer rational adults who can prioritize without vitriol or histrionics.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:42 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicCoward View Post
I probably don't want to move out of NYC unless I have to. I go to Baruch for accounting which is heavily recruited by the Big4. But not a lot of employers outside the city/state knows about the school. So for my employment prospects, I'll just stay in NYC and eventually get a Pistol Permit or something.
Hey, it's all about whats important to you. I wouldn't think the desire to own a handgun would be enough to up and move your life either,I'm just saying that there are a lot of places in this country where if you have a clean record and are a law abiding citizen, owning a handgun is accomplished very easily. I thiink in some cities you even are required to be a member of a range in order to own one... Is that so in NYC? Where I am, if you've managed to stay out of trouble, you just go buy one and thats the end of it.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:40 PM

17 posts, read 38,725 times
Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Whipper: You should probably concern yourself with Ohio nonsense. Leave NYC stuff to the adults.
Buffalo: The name says it all. See my comment above.

Bloomberg will be voted out of office in 2013, which will have no impact on you whatsoever. You can still buy your guns at wal-mart, grow a 2 foot mullet, drape yourself in American flags 24/7, and despise universal healthcare regardless of who is in office in NYC. Now off you go to be free, the true American patroit that you are!

You may want to come up out of your Mothers basement once and awhile and get some air

Old 02-22-2013, 01:23 AM

650 posts, read 701,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
And depending if yet another Bush is running for president, Bloomberg may win! Or maybe he can get Bill Thompson to run against him for president, or some other idiot, and he'll win by a landslide. Other than that though, he has no chance.
President? President of what?

Bloomberg's so dumb he couldn't win an election over the idiot who thought up manditory 'bag your own" at Pathmark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City