Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2012, 01:53 PM

734 posts, read 932,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This past weekend I was at a mixer in the Garment District. Most of the women that were there were Asian. Yes they look very submissive. Most of the Women at the mixer are East Asian like from Korea, Japan, China or what not but the girl from Uzbekistan really turned my head. Ended up having a philsophical conversation with some Korean American Chick Cali, but me being from the BX might be the biggest turn off for her. We did talk about race and she was perplexed on what am I, Puerto Rican, Middle Eastern? I'm like damn if I had a little bit more white in me this would have been more easy!
Asian women tend to judge men by their status. In most instances, the white men they go after are educated and have good jobs/income. Also, Asian Americans are all about assimilation. The quickest way for non white women to assimilate into the dominate American culture is to have a white hubby and honorary white haploids.

White guys (especially on the West and East Coast) tend to adore Asian women because they represent 'exotic' beauties. If a white guy is looking for exoticness, his safest bet may be to date an Asian American woman, because more than likely, she will have all of the exotic features, without the hassles/risks associated with other races of women, who do not have the honorary 'white' status like Asian American women.

I do not buy into the submissiveness of Asian women, because I know too many that are far from submissive. If anything, most of the Asian women whom I've encountered, tend to be some of the most direct women on the planet. This probably explains why most have stable relationships. They know what they want and they are not afraid to go after it, regardless of how others feel.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 02:24 PM

148 posts, read 175,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Asian women tend to judge men by their status. In most instances, the white men they go after are educated and have good jobs/income. Also, Asian Americans are all about assimilation. The quickest way for non white women to assimilate into the dominate American culture is to have a white hubby and honorary white haploids.

White guys (especially on the West and East Coast) tend to adore Asian women because they represent 'exotic' beauties. If a white guy is looking for exoticness, his safest bet may be to date an Asian American woman, because more than likely, she will have all of the exotic features, without the hassles/risks associated with other races of women, who do not have the honorary 'white' status like Asian American women.

I do not buy into the submissiveness of Asian women, because I know too many that are far from submissive. If anything, most of the Asian women whom I've encountered, tend to be some of the most direct women on the planet. This probably explains why most have stable relationships. They know what they want and they are not afraid to go after it, regardless of how others feel.
Well said! Did it better than I could have.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:23 PM

629 posts, read 1,233,916 times
Quote:

You no what. There are so many demographics on this but it's best just to view asian women as simply women. Human females and treat them accordingly. If you go in thinking about how many asian women would only date white men (which I believe is true) then you're already setting yourself up for failure (Assuming your not white. If you are then play on the stereotypes and you should be fine hooking that asian lady to your whiteness. Man that sounds stupid) Anyway I approached anyone I was attracted to (assuming they were single ofcourse). I've dated plenty of east asian women by simply approaching and treating them like anyone else (I'm not white btw.) Mind you some of them did have white fetishes which I noticed and promptly separated myself from them instead of waiting for some white guy to come along and notice that she's drooling over him. But some had no problem going against the norm and there was fun to be had. Ofcourse with dating asian women you can sometimes get the ones who have traditional families and will take the secret of them dating a non white or non asian to the grave to avoid getting disowned. Then there are the ones who are asian in appearance only and otherwise act like the whitest women I've ever met. I've found these women to be high maintenance with a bit of an attitude. The rest are usually a mix of the two. This is all just my speculation from my experiences btw.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:05 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,792,545 times
Quote:
Thank You! I agree. See my post above.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:58 PM

31 posts, read 89,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entangled View Post
Are we still so hung up on race (romantically/sexually) that we are sexualizing and objectifying it in such a perverse way, or is it something else?
Not "we"--you.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:43 AM

2,871 posts, read 4,792,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upineastharlem View Post
Not "we"--you.
Exactly

Old 08-27-2012, 03:39 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
High Iron, Rather than submissive, I would use the term respectful. Meaning they don't put down their husband, act superior, or try and control him. They tend to be more supportive, cooperative rather than competitive, and they are more comfortable with traditional male/female roles.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:44 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,538,899 times
when was this concept "new" again?

Old 08-27-2012, 09:08 PM

349 posts, read 990,985 times
New York City seems to have a lot of F.O.B. Asian women. In other cities, it's the opposite, e.g. in my city of Washington DC the Asian women are Americanized and mostly American-born. There are hardly any F.O.B.s in cities such as mine.

There's a tremendous difference here, I can see why many posters here have written about the "submissive" character of Asian women, because they're probably describing NYC's first-generation immigrant women. There is nothing at all "submissive" or meek about American-raised Asian women, however, they are fully Westernized. I was a bit puzzled when I read these posts, since Americanized Asian women are very assertive and confident (and speak perfect American English -- they also dress a lot better than the F.O.B.s, but more on that below).

I had an earlier post here which I erased. But, to summarize the main points why I, as a white male, find Asian women quite attractive (note: I only find Americanized Asian women attractive -- not the F.O.B.s), they are these:

* They are stylish and dress well. This is by the far the most important point. Visual qualities are very important to men and American-Asian women are pretty much the only ones in this country (with the exception of Eastern-Euros, who are nowhere to be found these days, for some reason) who will wear heels, make-up, and sexy clothes.

* They have dark hair which is extremely attractive. I've talked to various friends and we all find brunettes attractive. I think someone should really do a study on the whole "Gentlemen prefer blondes" myth which seems to be the biggest hoax perpetuated on mankind LOL.

* Not religious. This is very important because this makes them flexible and easily integratable into any culture. In contrast to, for example, Latinas and Black women (both extremely religious groups), and also some European Catholics.

* Educated. Asian women tend to be well-educated and have degrees.

Let me repeat, my comments above only apply to Americanized-Asian women, i.e. those with American culture and Western looks. With regard to recently-arrived Asians who've only been in the country for less than 5 years and speak broken English, I personally do not find them attractive, although I'm sure many other men do.

Last edited by Eugene80; 08-27-2012 at 09:32 PM..

Old 08-27-2012, 11:06 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
High Iron, Rather than submissive, I would use the term respectful. Meaning they don't put down their husband, act superior, or try and control him. They tend to be more supportive, cooperative rather than competitive, and they are more comfortable with traditional male/female roles.

I thought I was in the California forum, realizing I got lost in New York!

When I was younger, I liked Asian women for the reason above and because most of the girls I dated accepted my quirky nerdiness. The draw to family tradition also peaked my interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City